Jin: Hot Chocolate

I arrived at the lobby ten minutes early. I luckily had brought a tuxedo, even though I thought I wouldn't have to use it. Being an idol has taught me to always be prepared.

The camera crew was already set up and waiting.

While I waited, I decided to text my members. They were wondering where I was, and although our manager told them I was okay, they wanted to hear from me.

I gave them a quick message, saying I was okay and for them not to starve themselves without me.

They texted me back almost immediately. I was about to give them a reply when Miga all of a sudden texted me.

Wahhh, I don't wanna wear this dress. I feel so self-conscious.

I smiled a little.

Relax, I'm sure you look fine.

She didn't reply after that, so I returned to the group chat with all my members.

After a while, my manager took my phone again, saying filming was about to start.

*****
I looked at Miga, who was chewing a mouthful of steak. She paid no attention to me. Her full and undivided attention was on the food.

I smiled a little. I liked how she didn't care about anything but the food. I liked how she's not afraid of what other people will think about her. She liked food, and her occupation was not going stop her from eating as much as she liked.

Another thing I like about her. She's healthy, not super skinny like other idols. And nobody had to worry that she's eating enough.

"What are you staring at?" She asks once she finishes chewing.

I shake my head, still smiling. I take a bite of my baked potato. "Nothing." She shrugs and once again stuffs her mouth with food.

We were at the restaurant, eating as much as we wanted. I was a little confused in why the production crew would want us to just be eating. I had watched the other couples and their previous episodes. Compared to them, we were taking things really slow.

I didn't mind it, as it made us less awkward, but I wondered why the crew didn't say anything about it. In the beginning, they told us to move quicker, do more skinship, etc. Now they don't tell us anything except where we're going.

We ate in silence, occasionally talking, but never too much. We both seemed to be enjoying the food too much to pause and have a long conversation.

Once we were done with dinner, we still sat and talked for a few minutes. The camera crew had already finished filming for the day, so we were allowed to talk about anything.

"Are you going to visit your family here?" I ask. Miga sighed, "I hope. My company's still working on trying to fit going to my hometown in the schedule."

I find it cruel that Miga can't even see her family when she finally gets to visit China in a long time.

"It's fine, though. I can still contact them. It's mainly my mother who I can't see. I'm shooting a variety show with Yang Yang, and I'm having dinner with my sister-in-law since she's on a business trip right now."

"Sister-in-law?" I ask. Miga nods, "My older brother's married." She stops talking after that. Her tone didn't sound too excited over the fact that her brother was married. I think she notices I noticed and spoke up. 

"I actually really do like my sister-in-law. It's just that I don't really feel like seeing them. I mean, they have a model relationship. Met at school, dated for four years, then married at twenty-six. I remember when I was younger and said that I wanted to get married young." She sighed. "But that dream was crushed when I decided to be an idol. But it's not like I have any intentions of getting married now."