WGM ep. 39

Told from RiSe's (a member of Wreath) point of view

*****

I sigh, flopping down onto the couch. It's no use worrying about my father. I had tried over and over again to convince him for me to come back to Japan. His health was more important than my dream. But every single time I called him with the intent of going back, he would always talk me out of it.

Currently, Miga was out filming for some WGM thing. Dezi's at some MC thing with Tcuy and Andrea and all the rest of the members are out shopping or something. Any other day, I would've accompanied them, but I was tired and stressed because of my father.

I had originally wanted to call him and see how he was doing, but decided against that idea. I didn't have the energy to get all worked up. So instead, I decided to just watch WGM, which would be on in five minutes. In the quiet abyss, I scroll through my contacts. I'm not super sociable like Mancy or Dezi. I don't have that many contacts, only about 30. I gaze at my father's contact for a while, my finger hovering over it. Instead, I scroll down a little bit and press the contact at the very bottom.

"Hello?" The voice mumbles tiredly. "Hey," I whisper softly. "Sorry, did I wake you?" There's a slight shift at the other end before the voice comes back a little more clear. "Nope, it's fine. Is there anything you need, Ri?" I shake my head, even though he can't see me.

"Nothing, I just... want to talk." It's silent on the other line. "Is it about your father?" I don't know how I was able to tell Yoongi about my father. Sure, it isn't some hidden away secret that he's been ill, but I just don't tell people outside of those that I'm close with about my worries.

Originally, it was just that Yoongi and I hit it off. We always talked whenever BTS and Wreath would come together at music or variety shows. I don't know, I guess since he doesn't judge me and he doesn't try to tell me that everything's going to be okay since it's not going to be.

Then came that night in which my father had to go through surgery. The surgery had a sixty-percent chance of being successful. So my father had a greater chance of surviving, that doesn't mean that the forty-percent left didn't mean anything.

I was so worried about him that I had gone to a bar. I had to sneak out and I went to one of those bars with maximum security that a lot of idols go to. I don't know how, but there's always these malls and bars that aren't that popular for other people, but in the idol world, everybody goes to.

I went to one of those bars and I might've drunk one too many drinks... or five. Yoongi had found me there, downing my fifth cup at the bar when he sat down and accompanied me. Thoughts spilled out of my mouth that day and Yoongi just sat there quietly soaking them up. When I was done with my little rant, I remember the first thing Yoongi had said to me.

*

"You sure go through a lot of shit," He comments. I laugh bitterly, numbly bringing the cup to my lips and swallowing the liquid inside. There was a fire in my throat but I didn't care. "Yeah, I do. I wish I was some cliché main character whose life just goes perfectly amazing, but apparently, the world created me as some side character so here I am, with a sick father and stuck in Korea, knowing that he could die at any moment without me by his side."

Yoongi was quiet. "Give me your phone," He had said. I place my cup down and look at him weirdly. "What?" Yoongi extends a hand outwards. "Just give me your phone." I roll my eyes, putting my hand in my pocket and I practically throw my phone to Yoongi. He somehow catches it. Darn, I wish he missed.

I reach limply for the cup that I had set on the table. I slowly bring it up to my lips, only to have the cup taken away. "Hey!" I look around for where my cup was. Yoongi had taken it and set it on the far side of the table. Ignoring my protests, he took my hand and rested my thumb on the home button. "Wrong finger," I mumbled, eyes half-closed.