Remember

Kai looked at his wife with the dead eyes before his lips turned into a fake smile.

" You're joking, right?", he asked with his unstable voice. Sulli didn't answer and just shed her tears because she really couldn't.

Kai felt he was about to fall down from the bed when he let himself down. He covered his hands on his face and rubbed on it. Closing his eyes tight, he could feel the hot tears got heavy. He lifted his head to the ceiling and let out a heavy sigh.

" How? How did it happen?", he asked with his hoarse voice.

Sulli sobbed, " I.. I just fell over the stairs..", she lied. She didn't want to blame on anyone for this. It's her fault afterall. It's all because she didn't care.

" It's ok if you scold me.. I'm willing to listen to it..", she said again.

Kai couldn't do anything right then. It's his child. It's that he lost his child. His tears flowed down on both of his cheeks. The room could be filled with tears if they kept crying like this.

" Come here..", he asked and opened his arms for her when he calmed himself down finally. He needed to calm her down now.

Sulli moved a littled and jolted into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her shaking body and Sulli hugged him back crying on his shoulder.

" .. I'm sorry..", it was all she could say right then. Nothing more than that, and she knew well no words could make him satisfied.

Kai shut his eyes and hid his face on her neck while hugging her so tightly, " It's alright.. We can get another baby next time.. It's not only this time, right? As long as we love each other, we can get other babies, right?". Sulli wanted to dig the grave for herself and die at that time he said those words.

Her cry got heavier and she wanted to say that no chance left for her to carry his baby. But something in her throat halted her to say and her heart said no. " .. I'm so sorry.. I should die..".

" Shh.. Don't say like that.. Why should you?.. It's just one mistake and you can be careful next time. Ok?", he smoothed her down, but not her heart. Sulli didn't reply anything and tried to get more clingy on him as if he was about to let her go.

▪▪▪▪▪

Sulli was zoning out while the soup was already boiling in front of her. Mi Sook came into the kitchen at that time, she heard the water boiling and so she looked near Sulli.

Her eyes got rounded and her legs immediately ran to her side. She closed the burner immediately that brought Sulli back to her sense finally.

" What are you doing?", Mi Sook asked. Sulli replied her answer with a bow, " I'm sorry.".

" Are you ok?", Mi Sook asked after looking at the pale face of her daughter-in-law. No matter how she tried to hide it, it's so hard for a mother who just lost her baby yesterday.

" I'm fine, Mom.", she forced her lips into a curve so that the elder could buy her lies.

" Well.. Take care yourself and don't make the chores anymore if you're not feeling well.. ", said Mi Sook.

" It's ok.. I can do it.", she said and prepared the morning table for the family. Mi Sook helped her and so it could be said Sulli lost the tiredness than doing alone.

" Go to call Kai.", as Mi Sook said, Sulli made her way to their room. She opened the slide door slowly but her hands stopped to go further. She found him sitting on the floor beside their cabinet.

What broke her heart was the scene that he was crying hardly holding the small shoes that he first bought for their unborn baby. He was holding his sob not to get loud but his shoulder was trembling. Sulli couldn't keep her tears at that moment. Her tears are like the water since her baby left their side. They were so easy to fall.