Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Kylah Willis and Ruthi Johnson

**Chapter 2**

Nicoletta hated having P.E first thing in the morning, she already had intensive workouts before school. She would be fine to have it later in the day, but first period, really?

She had a plan though. Intensive exercises in the morning, gym first period and work hard at it, soccer practice right after school, and not eat. She felt fat and wanted to be skinny. Skinny like Jessica Parker, the schools cheer captain.

Jessica Parker was the person who made Nicoletta work to be skinny. Nicoletta was in soccer practice just a month ago, in her short shorts and tank-top that rose up just a bit to show just a bit of white skin, Jessica had called her fat. It hurt her, being called fat was not what Nicoletta was used to being called, goth, emo, slut, weird, ugly, but never fat. She took it hard, took it serious.

So she started a workout routine. Everyday she made it harder on herself, pushing herself to the limit. She pushed past her limit, but she still felt fat. So she quite eating one week ago. Every night before showering she looks at herself naked in the full length mirror asking her self if she was skinny and pretty yet. She always shook her head and said no.

Nicoletta watched Jessica in the locker room. Jessica danced around the room to the pop music someone had playing on their iPhone. She had on a tight black tank-top that rose above her belly button ring and a hot pink thong. Her hair flowed around her shoulders in loose blond ringlets.

Her body is perfect. A dark bronze tan, long arms and legs, size D breast, perfect, just below the shoulder, length hair that is so shiny and blond and looks so soft, which flows around her shoulders perfectly when she moves. She has the greenest eyes ever and has perfect 20/20 vision, straight pearly white teeth covered by pink glossy lips, her makeup is always perfect with long lashes that sweep her high perfect cheekbones, and shadows that match her outfit or day. She has muscle, but not to much, you can even see the tease of a six pack, and a thigh gap. Her thighs never jiggle when she moves and her arms never wobble with hanging fat. Nicoletta wants to be Jessica Parker, the perfect person. Her stomach is as flat as can be without looking to skinny. Her fingernails and toenails are always manicured perfectly, and she always has and wears the perfect clothes, shoes, and excessories. Her voice and laugh are even perfect, and she somehow gets what ever guy she wants, plus she is a junior.

Jessica's feet dance around on the tiled floor, her long legs flawlessly crossing at the right time. The music stops and all the girls clap and cheer for her as she finishes off with a curtsy. Nicoletta doesn't clap though, she just walks past her and out the door into the gym room.

She spots Landon, the guy she has been crushing on all year long. Landon and Jessica just broke up two weeks ago, which makes a lot of girls happy. He is passing a football across the room to his friend Brandon.

Landon is tall, 6'8, a hot body too. He doesn't even have to flex to show off his muscle and his six pack pokes through his plain white tank-top. He is wearing knee length shorts that suit his perfect butt and shiny shoes that look expensive from Nike. He has just cut his hair short so it defines his perfect shaped face, with a clean stubble that looks sexy and not that stubble that means you need to shave. His eyes are a deep forest green and his teeth are perfectly straight and white. Landon and Jessica were the perfect couple, they just didn't get along very well.

All the better for Nicoletta. Only problem was she could never really talk to him, she would just smile and nod if he talked to her, or she would get smart or act like she never heard him. Nicoletta didn't know how to talk to boys. She talks with Wyatt just fine, and her best guy friend Brighton.

Brighton is a freshman though, just a year younger than Nicoletta. They met the year before when Kassidi introduced them thinking they would be perfect for eachother. Sure Brighton is sweet and cute, but he's still just only a boy. Yeah he's fifteen too, almost sixteen, because he was put into school a year late, but Nicoletta felt she needed someone like Landon or Wyatt. Someone a grade older than her, not younger.