Chapter 19

**Chapter 19**

"I-I'm with you Nicoletta." Kassidi cries. "I'm pregnant."

Nicoletta stares blankly at her as tears drip off her face and onto the floor.

"Your pregnant?" Nicoletta asks quietly.

Kassidi nods her head. "Wyatt and I haven't been using condoms and we slipped up. I found out when I went to the doctor for my check up when I got grounded for Snapchatting in school."

Nicoletta stares at her. "What else?" She asks. Nicoletta always knows when someone has something else on their mind other than what they tell her.

Kassidi drops to her knees and holds Nicoletta's hand. She takes two deep breaths before crying out. "Onah is dying!" Her hand covers her mouth and Nicoletta squeezes the other.

Delilah runs around the bed and hugs her from behind.

"What do you mean he's dying?" Nicoletta asks her.

"He has cancer that's been spreading in him for a while now!" She wipes her cheeks with her free hand and Delilah hands her a Kleenex. She wipes her nose and looks at Nicoletta. "He only has a few months to live." She whispers.

Delilah watched as Nicoletta painfully moved to hug her. Delilah also hugged Kassidi and Brighton left the room in a hurry.

They all hugged each other for the longest time before Brighton came back with a silver tray.

Kassidi blew her nose many times and wiped her face and eyes with a clean Kleenex. Brighton handed them all a glass of Orange juice and a bagel with Strawberry Cream Cheese on them.

"Thanks." Kassidi says and gulps the Orange juice down. She wipes her eyes one more time. "I needed that little cry."

"I've missed you guys." Nicoletta says and sips her Orange juice.

Delilah takes a bite of her Bagel and runs to Nicoletta's bathroom with the open door. She barely made it before she upchucked the bagel and her school lunch.

Nicoletta pushes the help button on her bed and a nurse runs in.

"What can I get you Nicoletta?" A nurse asks.

"Muriel, will you help my friend Dleilah?" Nicoletta asks the nurse and points to the bathroom.

Delilah threw up again just as the nurse walked in.

Muriel held Delilah's hair out of the way as she threw up three more times.

Delilah wiped her mouth on some toilet paper and slumped to the floor. Muriel flushed the toilet for her and crouched down to her height.

"Anything I can get you Sweety?" She asks.

Delilah looks terrified and she points to the bathroom door.

Muriel shuts it and turns back to her. "Would you like some water or anything?"

Delilah starts to cry. "What if I am too?" She cries.

"What if your what Sweety?" Muriel asks her.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Delilah asks and stares up at her.

"Of course Child. What is it?" She crouches down to her.

"Could you get me a test?"

"What kind of test?" Muriel asks and then her face changes. "Do you mean a pregnancy test?"

Delilah nods her head and bites and bites her lip.

"Give me five minutes." She says and closes the bathroom door behind her as she leaves.