Chapter 39

**Chapter 39**

Nicoletta sat in the hard fold up chair with Jace sitting next to her. Arabella had insisted that Jace sit next to her to help her with anything she might need. Nicoletta doesn't mind it though, she likes Jace. He gives her butterflies though, everytime he touches her arm with his arm or her knee with his knee she gets butterflies. Everytime he whispers something to her she gets butterflies. Arabella insisted that Jace stay with Nicoletta for the night, evem at the party.

Principle Ellmwood called each student from their seat in the opposite bleachers from the rest of the people. He called each student up in alphabetical order of their last name. So of course Nicoletta had to wait over an hour until Astrid was called.

"Astrid Caroline Shea." Principle Ellmwood called.

Arabella whistled her loud whistle which echoed throughout the gymnasium. People clapped and many of the students cheered. The whole cheerleading squad even went crazy.

Astrid made her way onto the stage. Her silver high heels shimmering with glitter as she walks. She smiles the whole time.

Principle Ellmwood switches the side of the tassel from the right side to the left. He shakes hands with Astrid and Arabella whistles even louder as he hands her her diploma. Astrid blushes on the stage and hurries off and back to her seat.

That's it, that's all they had her do? No speech for being on the cheerleading squad and helping them get to their competitions? Nothing? All she did was walk down the aisle and get her hand shaken. An hour of making her butt go numb for that.

Nicoletta shakes her head and Jace smiles his crooked smile at her. Nicoletta feels her cheeks get warm from blushing.

A few students made speeches, short and boring. Most of which were just thanking their fellow classmates, friends, family, and teachers for helping them get where they are today. Boring things.

Another hour and they were done. Refreshments where in the cafeteria but most of the kids wanted to get to the parties. They took pictures for half an hour, which Nicoletta had to partake in. Nicoletta had to smile and look pretty as she stood next to Astrid in her gown and cap. They even had Jace take a family picture.

Astrid never stops smiling as she gets in the car. William gets in the drivers seat, Arabella in the front passenger seat, Jace in the middle, and Nicoletta by the left window with her bandaged leg resting on Jace's lap.

"I'm so proud of you!" Arabella says for the millionth time that night.

"Thanks mom." Astrid says.

"Are you excited for your party?"

"Yes! I can't wait to get there." Astrid happily says.

"If we ever get out of this parking lot we could get there." William says as he tries to exit the parkinglot.

Astrid smiles and waves at passing people. "Why couldn't I have driven myself?"

"I wanted to go as a family. Besides you wouldn't have made it out of this traffic anyway." Arabella says.

Astrid sighs and slumps down in her seat. She is wearing her silver shoes still with a silver sequin dress that stops at her mid thigh. The neckline is low exposing the top of her breast which try to pop free of the tight material, with the straps around her neck. The dress is goregous beyond dought. Her gorgeous blond hair is down in its natural half crimp half curl state, just like Nicoletta's.

William makes his way out of the parkinglot and out onto the roads.

"How am I supposed to ice skate in a dress?" Astrid asks no one in particular.