Chapter 46

**Chapter 46**

Kassidi ended up falling asleep on Jessica's bed for two hours before she woke up to her humming. Kassidi looked up at Jessica and yawned. Jessica was still on Facebook, talking to some girl until she noticed Kassidi was awake. She quickly shut the computer and smiled at her.

“You hungry?” She asks and hops off the bed.

“What time is it?” Kassidi asks.

“Almost seven.” Jessica says and scampers out of her room.

She's in a cheerful mood. Kassidi thinks as she jumps off the bed and follows her out the room.

The house is huge as Jessica leads them both down the stairs again and into a huge kitchen. The kitchen looks like something a chef at a huge five star restaurant would have. Stainless steel everywhere, the huge sinks, huge fridge and freezer, the counters are a beautiful dark shade of glass tile.

Jessica opens a white door to a huge pantry. “What do you want?” She asks.

Kassidi gapes at all the food in the pantry. Two huge deep freezers sit under racks filled with food. Dinner boxed foods from Hamburger Helper, Mac and Cheese, to snack foods like Chips, or cookies, even a bowl of candy and 5 Gum.

“I'm not allowed to really cook anything but I can if we clean up the mess afterwards.” Jessica says as she pops a Tootsie Roll into her mouth.

Kassidi doesn't say anything, she can't say anything, she is still awed by all the glorious food.

“I don't know about you but I am starved.” She looks at the candy wrapper in her hand. “I've been starving ever since I got pregnant.” She looks back up at Kassidi. “Do you get really hungry too?”

“Yeah, I guess I am hungrier than I used to be.” Kassidi says after she thinks about it.

“That's because your body has to help produce life so it needs more nutrients than previously before. This is also called stage two which means my baby is at the most valuable part in his growing. He is starting to form major parts, like the lungs and liver, his fingers and toes will start to form and will no longer be webbed.” Jessica blurts out matter of factly.

Jessica gapes at her.

“What? I did my research.” Jessica shrugs.

“I know all that, my doctor told me that last Thursday at my appointment. I'm just surprised you did do your homework.” Kassidi says but quickly adds on, “No offence.”

“None taken. It's just I haven't seen a doctor yet so I don't know what to expect yet. I've been Googling everything every time I have a question.” Kassidi can hear her gulp. “It's hard to keep it all a secret, I have to delete my history everyday practically.”

“You look things up every day?”

“Well yeah. There's a lot to know about babies and pregnancy. I'm trying to learn as much as possible so when I do have to tell my parents I will be able to show them that I am dedicated and ready for this.”

“Wow. The nurse at the women’s clinic was the one who told my mom I was pregnant.” Kassidi says.

“Well I want to see a doctor but my parents will be informed and I want to be the one to tell them. I'm just worried about Fawcet.”

“Fawcet?” Kassidi repeats. Where has she heard that name before?

“Yeah, my little sister. She starts ninth grade this coming up year.”

Her sister. That's why the name was familiar. Fawcet Parker. The mini Jessica Parker. Fawcet tried to follow in every one of Jessica's steps. From the time they were little Fawcet has always tried to be Jessica. Fawcet thought that Jessica and Kassidi were friends so she tried to be Kassidi's friend as well, until she found out they were complete opposites and just dumped her like a trash can, not caring that Kassidi was starting too actually like her as a friend.