Chapter 26

**Chapter 26**

John had yelled at Delilah when she got back to the City Sunshine Hotel. He said that she was an hour late and he had started to worry about her.

"Well I didn't get kidnaped, who would want to kidnap a pregnant teenanger? And it sure wouldn't matter if I had gotten raped, now would it!" Delilah had angrily said back.

John was acting like her grandfather or dad, something like that. Delilah didn't like it. She didn't need anyone. As long as she had three meals a day, a place to sleep, and money, she was fine. In six months she would have a baby. Someone to care for. Someone to love, and be loved back. Her unborn child and her would have a great life.

They wouldn't talk about her parents at all. She would tell her child how amazing his daddy Zach was. She would finish school and get a good job somewhere. Maybe get a boyfriend later on, and save up for a house to live in. She would make sure her child had the best of things. The best clothes, best food, best place to live, best schooling, and most of all, the best mama.

Delilah would make sure of it. Her and her baby would live like queens... or queen and king. She wasn't sure of what she was having yet. She wasn't sure what she wanted either. Boy or girl. Girl or boy. She hadn't gone to the doctor yet.

Delilah thinks about this as she lays down on her single bed in her hotel room that John is letting her stay in. What does she want? She lays down on her back and stares up at the ceiling. She has just finished work and dinner with John.

A boy she wouldn't have to worry about all the broken hearts. He would be able to take care of himself once in high school and would be an athlete. A girl though. A girl would have boy troubles, drama, popularity issues, clothes issues, periods, hair and makeup. Girls are hard work. Boys fight and then two seconds later their best friends again. Girls hold grudges for days, maybe even weeks.

But a girl she could dress up and get her all the things Delilah wasn't given. A boy wouldn't let her dress him up. She didn't want him to be stupid either. She didn't want him growing up with 'Swag', and she didn't want her daughter growing up 'Twerking'.

She would teach her child to be friendly, but to kick butt if needed. To take care of her and others. She would start schooling her child at a young age so he or she could be smart. So he or she would be able to grow up well and get into a good college and get a good job. Her child would be smart enough not to make the same mistakes she had.

Her child would be good, smart, handsom/pretty, in a good popularity group, athletic, get a good job. Her child would be and have everything she never was and never will be.

Delilah sighs and rolls over to her side. Her stomach churns and she makes a beeline for the bathroom just around the corner. She doesn't have time to lift to toilet seat so she chucks her guts out in the sink.

"Eww!" She says and runs the hot water when she is finished throwing up her dinner.

The hot water only rinses down the liquids. Her chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and broccoli stays in chunks in a big chunky pile in the sink. The water fights against the chunks to make it go down, but it won't.

"Eww!" Delilah says again and rinses out her mouth by cupping her hands together and sipping up the water.

She spits the nasty taste out of her mouth and ignores the burning in her throat. She looks in the sink and almost throws up again. She runs from the bathroom and out the door.

She slows down to a walk as a family of four walks towards her down the hallway. She smiles at them as she passes them. She reaches the storage room and reaches for her keys in her pocket. No keys.