Chapter 10

**Chapter 10**

"Did Kassidi get grounded then?" Nicoletta asks into the speaker of her phone as she furiously rides her electrical bike in her exercise room.

"Probably. She won't text me back and I tried calling but it goes straight to voicemail." Delilah says back through her house phone.

"What happened anyway?" Nicoletta says and wipes some sweat off her face with her towel that's around her neck.

"I heard she was sending nudes to Wyatt and mouth talking the teacher." Delilah says and snickers into the mouthpiece.

Nicoletta stops pedaling and hops off the bike. "She wouldn't, would she?" Nicoletta asks not believing it. She guzzles down mouthful after mouthful of water.

"Well I could believe it, and I do" Delilah's voice changes to a whisper. "I even heard that her and Wyatt have been drinking and smoking pot."

Nicoletta has to force herself to swallow the water in her mouth before she spit it out.

"I don't believe it! She wouldn't be that stupid."

"Well I never said she ever did. I just heard that's all." Delilah says leaving a trail behind.

A timer goes off on Nicoletta's phone and she has to push stop because it is right in her ear, loud and clear.

"Hey Delilah I gotta go, I'll talk to you later." Nicoletta says and wipes the sweat off her neck.

"Okay, I gotta watch these brats anyway." Delilah says.

"Kay, bye Delilah." She says and pushes the red end call button.

She grabs her headphones from the floor by the exercise bike and walks back to her room, shutting both doors behind her.

She sighs and sits down at her desk and opens her laptop.

Astrid barges through her door with two notebooks and a calculator.

"Hey dork, I need these done today or else mom won't let Kile come over." She says as she dumps the stuff on a free spot on Nicoletta's desk. "I'm thinking two hours is good. Tata." Then she leaves her room.

"Shut my door." Nicoletta says. Nothing. "Astrid shut my door!" She yells. Nothing still. "Really Astrid! I'm the one doing the work!" She yells and slams her door.

She sighs really loudly and puts her phone in the iHome dock on her desk and pushes play. Memphis May Fire's song Legacy blasts from the speakers and she sits down in her rolling chair.

She opens the first notebook and stares at the math assignment, Nicoletta hates Calculus.

________________

It took exactly one hour and forty-five minutes to finish the math assignment.

Nicoletta sips on her water as she starts typing out Astrid's English paper on the French Revolution into Word Documents.

________________

"Nicoletta turn that noise down!" Nicoletta's mother Arabella shouts up the stairs.

Nicoletta glares at nothing in particular as she turns down the music. Knives and Pens by Black Veil Brides is meant to be blared from speakers.

She glares the whole rest of the time as she looks up and writes about the French Revolution.

________________

Nicoletta smiles at her computer screen and pushes the print button. Her printer next to her barley makes a noise as it prints off the three in a half papers on the French Revolution.