Chapter 9

**Chapter 9**

Kassidi looks at the clock and stretches, 5:30 pm. Her head aches as she gets up and walks to the bathroom for the Tylenol.

She swallows two of the little white pills dry and then cups her hands and fills them with cold water from the sink and drinks it.

She holds her head as she walks out into the living room to where the T.V is still on.

"Finally awoken from the dead?" Cassandra jokes.

"Funny." Kassidi says and sits down on the couch next to Onah. "I just don't feel good."

Cassandra gets up from the computer chair and feels Kassidi's head. "You don't feel warm."

"My stomachs upset. I threw up from the pizza earlier."

"Hmm. Maybe I'll make some chicken noodle soup instead of hamburgers." She says and walks into the kitchen. "You two wanna put on a Disney movie as I make dinner?"

"Yeah!" Onah screams with excitement. "Let's watch The Little Mermaid!"

"The Little Mermaid?" Kassidi asks him. "Since when do you like The Little Mermaid?"

"Since he decided he found Arielle to be "cute"." Cassandra says using air quotes on the name Arielle.

Kassidi laughs as she finds the movie on Netflix. "Here it is Onah." She says as the movie starts.

Cassandra makes many noises in the kitchen as she prepares the soup for dinner.

Kassidi lounges on the couch with her legs outstretched on the couchions and Onah curled up on her lap with his head on her chest.

Cassandra snaps a picture and smiles at them. Then she brings the little Toy Story table from a corner of the room and sets it in front of them. Then she sets two steaming bowls of Chicken Noodle Soup down on it and two waters.

"Dig in. There's plenty more in the pan for seconds." She says.

Kassidi and Onah move to so they are sitting on their butts so they could eat and make room for Cassandra.

Kassidi lifts the spoon of juice and noodles to her lips and takes jn the scent. Then she puts the warm soup into her mouth.

Her stomach growls as she lets the taste mingle in her mouth. Her stomach turns but she ignores it and shoves more spoon fulls into her mouth, ignoring the burning in her throat as he hot soup burns her.

Cassandra watches her in amazement.

"I knew you could eat but never like before," She says as Kassidi drinks the rest of the juice in her bowl.

"I'm just really hungry. I never ate today." She thought a bit. "Or yesterday for that matter, I never made it for lunch."

"Well your sure eating now. There's even more in the pan."

Kassidi shakes her head no. "No. I think I ate it to fast. My stomach is upset again."

"Alright then." Cassandra says.

___________

Kassidi's dad, Wesley, got home when they had ten minutes left of the movie. Kassidi just sat on the couch with an upset stomach.

Wesley made noise in the kitchen as he made himself a bowl of soup, having to reheat to pan since it had gone cold.

Kassidi sipped her water and tried hard not to fall asleep again.

Wesley sat at the dinner table in the kitchen and just stared at her.

"What?" Kassidi asked as she stared back at him.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked before putting a spoonful of soup into his mouth.

"Kinda. My stomach is upset." She says.

He nods his head and goes back to his soup.

The credits come on the movie and Onah yawns as he stretches out of Cassandra's lap.

"Time for bed little boy." Cassandra says tho him. "Go brush your teeth and I'll find you some pajamas." She says and lightly paddles his behind until he runs off down the hallway.

Kassidi lays her head on the arm of the sofa and closes her eyes.

"Kassidi helped with the laundry today while I went shopping. Then Onah said she got sick and went to bed." Cassandra says as she cleans off the table they had used while watching the movie.

Kassidi gets up and drags the little table back to its spot in the corner of the living room.

"Sick how?" Wesley asks.

"I just threw up a bit, that's all." Kassidi says.

"What happened after you threw up?" He pushes as Cassandra takes his bowl from him.

"I took a nap."

"You took a nap?"

"Yes daddy, I took a nap. I was tired and didn't feel good." She walks into the kitchen. "I fed Onah and locked the door. It was fine."

"If you don't feel better by tomorrow I want you to go to the doctor." He says and puts his reading glasses on and picks up a paper clipped stack of papers.

"The doctor!" Kassidi almost shouts. "I don't need to see a doctor. I just have the flu or something that's all."

Wesley doesn't even look at her. "I said you will go to the doctor if you do not get better by tomorrow."

"No, I don't need to see a doctor!" She shouts.

Wesley throws down the papers and pulls off his glasses. His face gets red. "You will see a doctor tomorrow Kassidi and that's that!" He yells and storms off to his room.

Kassidi tries hard not to cry and runs off to her room.

She hates doctors. The smells, the masks, the bad lighting, ugly green robes, and worst of all, the needles.

Kassidi hates the thought of a sharp pointy object going into her precious skin. What if they hit her vein wrong and she got sick or died? What if they lost the needle inside her? What if they injected something poisonous inside her veins, straight through the blood stream! So many possibilities.

Kassidi slammed onto her bed and started to cry.

A hand made her realize she was trembling and she looked at Cassandra.

"Just go away!" Kassidi yells and hides her face in her pillow.

Cassandra shakes her head no. "Darling sweet, come on look at me," She starts to rub her back softly. "Come on darling. I'll go with you tomorrow. It'll be just fine."

"There's nothing wrong with me though." Kassidi cries.

"Exactly." Cassandra takes a deep breath. "Hey listen. It'll take a load off your dad's back just to know you were looked at. And if there's nothing wrong with you then you won't have to worry about any needles. Or anything for that matter."

Kassidi turned her head to look at her through blury eyes.

"But what if they do? What if they stick needles in me?"

"Oh sweet. I won't let them stick needles in you if there's nothing wrong with you." Then she smiles. "Hey when we find out nothings wrong wih you then you can be the one to say 'I told you so' to your dad."

It took her a bit but Kassidi broke out into a smile. "Really?"

"Yeah, sure, why not." Cassandra says happily. "Now get some sleep. I can't imagine you sleeping anymore than you already have though." She says as she grabs pajamas for Onah out of his dresser in the closet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is Chapter 9 of The Pregnancy Pact. Hope you enjoyed it!! :) Make sure to show some love and COMMENT, VOTE, and SHARE amongst your friends!!

SWSptvLOVER out :D