Chapter 20

**Chapter 20**

Delilah cries as she packs her bags. Sandy had yelled at her for two hours straight about how stupid she is. She is kicking her out and sending her to her dads in Minnesota. Her flight leaves in three days on Saturday.

Sandy had the girls dad pick them up before she started pulling on Delilah's hair. She screamed until she started to lose her voice. She called up Delilah's dad and said she was moving out to him. She made the flight arrangements and threw Delilah in her room. She locked the door and wouldn't let her out.

Delilah cried and threw clothes into her suitcase. She could hear her mom in her room screaming into her phone about how stupid Delilah was and what she did to deserve such a stupid child.

"I hate you too!" Delilah screamed through the wall as she heard her mother say she hated her.

Her mother threw something at the wall and cussed her out and told her to shut up before she beat her.

Delilah had found out she was pregnant just twenty-four hours ago. Her mother didn't believe her until she made her take yet another test right in front of her.

Delilah sat on her bed and screamed into her pillow. She needed to tell Zach but Sandy had both the house phone and her cell phone.

Delilah cried into her pillow until she cried herself to sleep.

_________________________________________________________

Delilah runs from her moms car and into the school building. Nicoletta still hasn't been released from the hospital so the rumors of her dying still float around the place.

Delilah runs down the hall at full speed until she crashes into somebody at her locker.

"Sorry, so sorry." She whispers and looks up at Landon who stretches out his hand to her. Delilah looks at it like its cow pie before getting up herself without the aid of his hand.

He licks his lips and puts his hand down to his side. Delilah glares at him. This is the guy who knocked her friend up. She automatically hated his guts.

"What do you want Landon?" She spits at him.

He flinches just a bit before putting on his cool guy smile. "Whoa what did I do to you?"

"Nothing to me." She hisses. She wants to smack the stupid grin right off his face.

"Exactly." He says.

"I asked what you wanted? Because if you don't need anything then get out of my way. I have places to be and things to do."

"Geesh someone has their panties in a twist." He chuckles.

Delilah pushes past him but he grabs her arm and makes her stop. Delilah pulled her arm free and glared up at him. He is much taller up close.

"I wanted to know what happened to Nicoletta." He says. "People say she died when she fell down those bleachers. But the police say she was barely alive."

"Why do you care?" Delilah spits out. She shouldn't be so hard on the guy. He was asking how her best friend was doing.

"She's fine." Delilah says.

"So she's alive?" He asks. He looks at her face and licks his lips. "Why hasn't she come back to school then?"

"She can't come back for a while."

"How longs a while?"

"Landon I don know okay. I just don't. If she wants she will contact you. I will let her know you were asking about her." Delilah says. "But I really have to go right now." She says.