Chapter 49

**Chapter 49**

“Your parents will be informed, you know that right?” Doctor Ava says more of a statement then question to Jessica.

Jessica nods her head and Kassidi can hear her gulp. She has already peed on the stick and they were getting blood work done.

“I want to tell her though.” Jessica manages to choke out.

Doctor Ava nods her head. “I will have them call but to not let anything slip.” She says and leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

Wyatt sits in a chair in the corner chewing on his lip. Kassidi smiles at Jessica as she squirms on the recliner chair/bed she sits in. Every time she moves the paper underneath her crinkles loudly. Jessica plays with her hands and pops her fingers until they won't pop anymore. Her eyes dart everywhere in the room, never staying in one place for longer than three seconds. She clears her throat multiple times and pops her jaw.

“Calm down.” Kassidi says to both Jessica and Wyatt. “It's going to be fine. What's been done has been done and people are going to find out sooner than later.” Kassidi looks right at Jessica. “Just get it over with now and face the consequences.”

Jessica nods her head and stares at her hands. Kassidi rubs her face with both hands as Doctor Ava walks back into the room.

“How are we doing? Good?” She asks and hands Kassidi a cup of ice and mini Snickers.

“Yum. Thanks Ava.” Kassidi happily says and chews on a piece of ice.

“Still craving that chocolate?” She asks and smiles at her.

Kassidi nods her head. “More than other times.”

“Sweet cravings are a sign of having a girl.” Jessica whispers.

Both Kassidi and Doctor Ava look at her.

Doctor Ava smiles at her. “That's right.” She laughs. “Someone did their research before coming, didn't they.”

Jessica smiles at her. “I wanted to know as much as possible before I told my parents.”

“Well that's amazing. You would be surprised of how many girls, and grown woman in their late thirties, come in and don't know the first thing about pregnancy and babies.”

“When will my parents be here?” Jessica asks.

“They were at some club when we called so they should be here in maybe ten minutes or so.” Doctor Ava says and smiles at her.

Kassidi crunches down hard on a piece of ice and everyone looks at her.

“What?” She asks, her mouth full of ice and water.

Doctor Ava chuckles at her and Jessica cracks a smile, the first smile Kassidi has seen out of her all day. Wyatt smiles at her and tries not to laugh.

“Have you been craving anything in particular, Jessica?” Doctor Ava asks getting back to business.

Jessica nods her head. “I've been wanting Pizza and Salsa, like really hot Salsa.” She smiles. “My mom thought I was going crazy when all I wanted in Florida was Chips and Salsa.”

“Spicy things, yes that's normal.” Doctor Ava says as the door burst open.

Jessica jumps off the chair as her mother pulls her into a hug. Three males follow behind and another woman. All five of them are dressed in neat dressy cocktail clothing. Kassidi only recognizes Jessica's mother Mrs. Parker from when she met her just three days earlier. She never got the chance to meet Mr. Parker since he was at work before both girls had woken up the next day.