Chapter 16

**Chapter 16**

It's been two weeks since Nicoletta's night with Landon. He won't text her back or answer her calls. So she gave up.

When they see eachother in class and in the hallways he just looks away from her. Nicoletta doesn't care anymore though. She knows it was just a one night stand with him.

She sits on the bleachers watching her teammates practice their Soccer.

Kassidi has been taken off the team by her dad saying it was due to family matters, whatever that means. Kassidi's phone has also been disconnected and blocked from all numbers except a handful that her dad and Cassandra have chosen to keep.

Kassidi and Wyatt shuffle around the school together silently, and Wyatt is extra protective of her. Kassidi won't even really talk to Nicoletta or Delilah.

Kassidi gets to school right before the first hour bell rings and leaving right as the last bell of the day rings. Cassandra drops and picks her up.

Nicoletta misses her. They used to have so much fun together with Delilah. Of course Nicoletta just sat back and watched Delilah and Kassidi get into mischief and create mayhem most of the time. Nicoletta hates getting in trouble and would rather watch it happen in silence than take part in it. Delilah and Kassidi like to laugh at her and make jokes that she is a goody-goody and needs to loosen up a bit.

Delilah got grounded again for a stupid reason. Her mom seriously grounded her for not putting her sisters to bed by eight. Sandy acts like Aurora, Emmy, and Dawn are Delilah's kids and responsibility.

Nicoletta feels her eyes start to droop from exhaustion. She hasn't slept a full two hours in four days due to her hunger pains deep within her stomach. Yet she still refuses to eat. She refuses to eat dinner with her family at night and makes up excuses like, I'm not hungry right now, I'll eat later, I'm swamped with homework, I'm studying for a big test tomorrow, I forgot I had a project to do for Science, things like that. Her parents always let her skip dinner too.

Nicoletta has a constant hunger pain in her stomach but she learned to ignore it. She even stopped drinking her smoothies and Jumex drinks. All she drinks is water, and sometimes not even that.

She started having even more intense workouts. An hour in a half in the morning before school, working harder in gym class, fourty-five minutes of Cardio during her free period where she would go into the gym and use there equipment, half an hour after school before Soccer practice, she works harder than any of the girls at soccer, and two hours before bed. On her nights where she can't sleep she will even ride her electrical bike for hours until her legs are mush and she falls over from exhaustion.

Today Nicoletta has felt that way all day. She could barely make it to her classes without falling over. She would slump down in her chairs and tune out the world. She was sent to the office for refusing to pay attention in class and take her test. She hasn't done her homework in three days and got four detentions from four different teachers. She just doesn't care anymore.

Nicoletta felt herself giving up. She was slowly shutting down. Her body couldn't take the stress, hunger, and exhaustion any longer. Her head lolled to the side and she fell forward down the bleachers passing out half way down.

************************

Delilah screamed as she watched Nicoletta go face down and tumble down from the top of the bleachers. She ran to her as her body slumped in a crumpled heap on the grass. Blood ran down her face, forming a small puddle by the side of her head.

"Call 9-1-1!" She screeched at the top of her lungs. She heard people whipping out their phones from their bags in the grass and calling for the ambulance.