Chapter 38

**Chapter 38**

 “Do we have to go? We could just sit at home together watching a sappy movie or something.” Zach whines at Delilah.

“No I promised Nicoletta that I would go to Astrid's graduation and after party.”

 Zach makes a pouty face at her.

“You don't have to come you know.”

“But I want to.”

“No you don't.”

“Well not to the graduation or the after party but I want to be with you.”

“We don't have to stay at the party the whole time. I'm sure it will be dull and boring anyway.”

“Delilah, baby. I have met Astrid before, I have seen her around school, I know how she is, her party will not be dull.”

“True. We still don't have to stay the whole time.”

“Alright. If you are having fun I won't pull you out.”

Delilah smiles at him. “Alright.”

Zach parks his truck in an emty parking spot practically at the very back of the parkinglot.

"Geesh It's packed already." Zach says and takes Delilah's hand as they weave their way through the mass of vehicles.

"There's like two hundred people graduating, It's gonna be packed." Delilah laughs.

"We just litterally got out of this place for the summer and now your dragging us back into it?" Zach says as they near the front doors.

The people around them are all dressed semi fancy. Even the old people with there canes and walking sticks are fancyish. Delilah looks at Zach's leather jacket, dark blue jeans, and a plain white T-shirt, at least his outfit looks nice. Delilah looks down at herself. It was a hot day so she decided on a pink miniskirt with a hot pink cold shoulder top by Guess. Her hair was straightened and laying flat down her back. Her black flats look semi dressy on her feet. They both were semi dressy as well if you didn't know that they were in the same clothes they wore at school just hours before.

"You'll survive, Zee." Delilah laughs and tugs him through the doors.

The front entrace is packed with people trying to get into the gymnasium to find seats. A pregnant woman next to Delilah holds what looks like a two year old little girl, a three or four year old boy tugs on her hand, and an older boy about Delilah's age holds the other hand of the little boy.

"Jason, I swear, if you pull mommy one more time you won't be seeing your brother graduate!" The woman hisses at the little boy.

"That's Heydon, he's in my Chemistry class." Zach whispers in Delilah's ear. Delilah nods and wathces the woman.

"Take him please." The woman whines to Heydon.

Heydon picks up the child and looks him in the eyes. The little boy struggles to get out of his arms but quickly stops and calms down.

"You have a way with kids." Delilah finds herself saying to Heydon.

Heydon turns to look at her and Zach and half smiles.

"Well I have to I'm the only male figure that takes care of him."

"Isn't Maxx graduating though?" Zach pipes up.

"Yeah well Maxx isn't at home much since he got his girlfriend in college pregnant." Heydon says and pushes the little boys hand off his face.

"When's your dad coming back?" Zach asks quietly.