Chapter 6

**Chapter 6**

Kassidi wakes up to Kassandra shaking her.

"What?" Kassidi asks groggily.

"I have to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a few things so I need you to watch Onah." She says.

Kassidi looks at the clock on the night stand. "Eleven Fourty! Is that really the time?" Kassidi sits up in bed.

Kassandra laughs. "Yes sweety that's really the time." She says.

Kassidi swings her legs out of bed and stretches. "I'm so tired." She says. "Must be the hormones from my period kicking in."

Kassandra nods her head and turns to leave the room. "I'll be back around one. Lunch is on it's way, pay the delivery man the money on the corkboard and make sure to tip him." She says and walks down the hall.

Kassidi stands uo and stretches her legs. Man she was tired. She walks out of the room and into the bathroom and looks at herself.

Her green eyes are glossy like she had been crying and she shakes out her hair. Kassandra shoits good bye just as Kassidi sits down on the toilet.

Onah runs down the hall and Kassidi can hear him in their room most likely draging out toys from his toy boxes.

"Onah, only a few toys alright!" Kassidi shouts to him.

"Fine!" he shouts back and runs down the hall.

Kassidi chuckles as she flushes the toilet and washes her hands in the sink.

She yawns as she pulls a brush through her hair and then pulls it up into a poneytail.

Then she walks back to her room and changes out of the clothes she wore the day before and into a pair of skinny jeans and tank top.

Kassidi throws the dirty clothes into the hamper and they fall back out. Kassidi groans and hauls the thing down the hall, through the kitchen, and into the tiny laundry room.

"I guess I'll help out then." She says and starts the washer.

Kassidi pours the soap into the washer and then dumps half the clothes in the hamper with it and shuts the lid.

Onah plays with his train set that he had dragged out from his room in the living roomoom.

With Onah busy Kassidi empties the dryer out and dumps them in the wash basket on top of the dryer. A dryer ball gets caught in one of her dad's shirts and Kassidi untangles it and throws it back in the dryer.

She hauls the wash basket from the laundry room to the living room so she could keep an eye on Onah.

Onah makes sound effects for his train as Kassidi dumps the clothes on the couch.

Kassidi smiles and watches him as she folds the clothes and puts them back into the wash basket.

"Can I have ice-cream for lunch?" Onah asks without even looking at Kassidi.

Kassidi laughs. "Why do you want ice-cream for lunch?"

"'Cause it's good. Jason down the street said if something tastes that good then it must be good for you,"

Kassidi bursts out laughing. Onah smiles up at her.

"What's so funny?" He asks as he laughs along. "It's true, I'm not making this up. Jason and his daddy were here yesterday when he told me."

Kassidi had to take a deep breath before answering him. "Just because it tastes good doesn't mean it is good." Onah's face sunk.

"It's not good for you? I eat ice-cream on my birthday though! Is mommy trying to poison me!" The little boys face got red. He threw the train away from him and grabbed his knees and started to rock.