Chapter 12

**Chapter 12**

Kassidi sits in the waiting chair at the College Drive Urgent Care Walk In Clinic. Cassandra comes back from the information desk and sits in the stiff uncomfortable maroon chair next to her.

"How you feeling?" She asks Kassidi and looks at her.

Onah sits on the other side of Kassidi playing with a little toy truck on the side table next to him.

"Sick to be here." She says and puts down her magazine about on trail trucks. "Can we go home now?" She pleads.

Cassandra shakes her head. "No, you and Onah are both getting a check up."

"We can just leave now and tell dad we did and were all fine. I'm tellin' ya, there's nothing wrong with me and Onah."

"I'm not saying there is anything wrong with you, it's just a regular check up. Most kids get them." Cassandra says and looks at her iPhone. "Besides I already filled out all the paperwork for the both of you so all we have to do is wait for the nurse to call on us." She says and scans the magazine.

Kassidi groans and stares at the wall. A T.V on the wall has the news showing but she ignores it. News always bores her.

"Kassidi Eiden?" A woman says.

Kassidi looks at a nurse in pink scrubs and a white lab coat with blond locks around her shoulders that stands in the doorway to a room on the far wall by the assistant desks.

Cassandra nudges Kassidi in the arm until she stands up.

"Right this way sweety." The nurse says and holds the door open with her back as Kassidi walks through.

The nurse walks to a lonely scale built into the wall with a built in shelf desk looking thing.

"I'm just going to check your height and weight." The woman says and picks up a clipboard on the shelf. "Please remove your shoes and step on the scale."

Kassidi takes off her Osiris shoes and steps on the scale. The nurse moves the metal dial thing until it evens out the way she likes it. Then she places a metal ruler type thing on her head and writes down all the measurements on the clipboard.

"Thanks you. If you could put your shoes back on and please follow me." She says and waits for Kassidi to slide her shoes back on.

Kassidi follows her down the hall into a room.

The room is small with a desk with neatly stacked papers and manila folders. An HP desktop sits dust free with a changing logo of the letters CDUC in bright changing colors.

A hospital chair that turns into a bed with white sterile paper and a giant moving light above it. A white trash can sits next to the chair. Most likely for people to throw up in.

"Take a seat on the chair please." The woman says. She can't be older than thirty-five.

Kassidi makes her way to the chair and the nurse shuts the door. She steps on the stepping stool and onto the chair. The sterile paper crinkles underneath her.

"Alrighty then," the nurse says and rolls the computer chair over to the chair. "My name is Julieannah, you may call me Julie or Annah or just Julieannah, which ever you prefer."

"I like Julieannah." Kassidi mumbles.

Julieannah slightly smiles at her. "What's wrong, are you scared?" She asks politely.

"I don't like doctors."

Julieannah's smile grew into a full smile. "Well good news, I'm no doctor." Kassidi stares blankly at her. "My mother and father were both doctors but I wanted to be a nurse."