Walk

Title: Walk

Genre: Romance, Angst

Characters: Taeyeon & Jessica

[TAEYEON POV]

Before I knew it, I'm standing alone on the street Countless stars as well are sleepingSometimes, I want to see youLooking at the place you were at

I still rememberAll your complaints BabeRight now, where are you with whomAre you sharing love No No NoI can't fall asleep

Until the midnight ends I walk on I don't wanna cryI can't fall asleep anywaysUntil the morning comes I continuously call for youToday as well, walking, I repeat until I forget you

I shoved my hands inside my coat pocket after packing up my things inside my old apartment, today is a good weather but my mood seems a little bit far from it, sleepless nights, dark circles on my eyes, puffy cheeks because I used to cry my hearts out at night remembering how devastated I am when Jessica left me with nothing but broken heart, I watched every step she make after she declare break up with me after dating for 7 years, she's happy with someone else and fly to L.A. for a sweet vacation with him, I kept repeating myself that I will get over her like a mantra but unfortunately I couldn't and it shows how much I totally loved her so much that it kills me everytime I mentioned her name that I loved the most but now everything about us instantly breaking down into pieces. I gave everything into this relationship and for her its like a waste and throw it right away infront of me, every pieces I gathered into my hand and keep it, how I remember her voice calling out my name, her hands intertwined in mine, her smiles that melted my soul, her hair falls perfectly into her bare shoulder, every night we're making love to each other and now they're only just memories to be nearly forgotten.

"Taeng, we have to go now!!!!" A loud voice screamed from outside my apartment, I looked at now empty old apartment before I carry out my things with me, I left our couple ring on the kitchen table where we used to cook our breakfast together before I stepped out from the place and followed my friend through his car to picked me up.

"Thank you for being here with me buddy." I thanked my friend when I settled my body at the back seat and patted his shoulder as he turned on the engine and finally hit the road.

"Nah, that's what friend are for, right? So stop crying like a baby and forget about her." I nodded because I agree that my friend is right this time and everything he said to me before was all right and I had nothing against them.

I leaned into the window and mesmerized by the view of the Jeonju because I decided to get back to where I born and continued living peacefully there, I had enough money from working at Jessica's company as I resigned a week ago after she left for L.A. with him. I got my retirement pay after 2 days and Jessica leave a note for me but I didn't read them and keep it in my journal. It's been a 3 hours before we arrived at my humble home and we we're welcome by my mother who taking care of her garden and ushered us inside our house, my father was also there sitting at the our sofa, he smiled at us and engulfed into his embrace as he gestured us to sit with him.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim." My friend greets as he sit beside me and gently hold my hand.

"I'm glad you finally decide to stay with us and managed our business here, Taeng." My father said seriously and looks at him, I shivered by his stern voice.

"Yeah." I said shortly and giving a squeeze on my friend's hand.

After a quick catch up with my parents, I ushered my friend into the guest room before I finally get inside mine and slumped my body into my bed before I took something from my stuff, the note Jessica handed to me. I opened the white envelope and there my eyes widened when I read them carefully, tears brimmed and I covered my mouth with my hands.

My Dear Taeyeonnie <3

Sorry if breaking up with you is the only thing I could do, I didn't forget our promises together and I still fulfilled them in other way and I hope you'll forgive me. Don't get mad at me if I left because it's the best choice for us not to hurt but you'll understand me later on, I wish you to have a happy life with someone else and moved on because right now I'll be leaving you for the last time and forever, hope you stay healthy and safe. Saranghae Taengoo-yah~

P.S. Don't cry.

Your Sooyeonie <3

*clang* A ring dropped from the envelope and I'm sure it belongs to her.

"Sooyeon-ah." I whispered.

The end.