I Noticed

a/n: trigger warning: self harm, bullying throughout.

Josh's point of view.

You're on my bus, I don't think you notice me, but I notice you. Whenever we get off at the same stop, I noticed the way you cross the street, not checking if there's any coming cars, you just walk, earphones in, eyes at your feet.

I didn't say anything about it though.

I noticed that in math class, you never listened, you only drew in your sketch book. I didn't know what it was you were drawing, until the teacher moved me behind you.

You shouldn't be drawing those kinds of things, it should be smiling and hugging, not a man hanging from a ceiling fan, or a girl standing on the edge of a building.

I didn't say anything though.

I noticed that you sat alone at lunch, you read or listened to music, not interacting with anyone. You didn't get to eat much either, most of the time I saw the bullies take it from you.

I didn't say anything.

Usually on Mondays, I noticed how you'd come into school with bruises and scratches, obviously from someone else, you also limped a lot and picked at your scabs. You really should use a bandaid I wanted to tell you, but

I didn't say anything.

I should've said something though, because the next day, you weren't at school, but when you came back, I noticed that all you wore from that day on were long sleeves. I wanted to ask and see why

But still, I didn't say anything

I noticed the way you'd stutter when the teacher would pick on you, or the way you flinched from people bumping into you in the hallways. Or I noticed the way your eyes would water when you zoned out, but you'd snap out of it and plaster a smile onto your face.

When the bell rang, you quickly grabbed your things, but I noticed a bottle of pills fell out of your backpack, Antidepressants, it read. I pretended not to notice as you frantically picked it back up and ran out of the room

That is when I was going to say something, but I didn't.

But then one day, you passed out in class, I was the one that caught you, nobody bothered to ask if you were okay afterwords. But I would've, I should've. I passed by the nurse today to see you taking anxiety pills, you didn't seem happy to take them.

Then the next day I was in the bathroom, and you came out of a stall, with red eyes a a blotchy face. 

I finally said something.

"What happened? And don't say nothing you're fine, because I know that you're not"

Without warning you flung your arms around me, hugging me tightly and sobbing into my should, I reacted quickly and hugged you back, petting your messy hair cautiously. You began crying even harder. "Tyler, what is it?"

That's when you looked up at me with tears streaming down your cheeks but you had a small smile on your face before you replied "

"You're the only one who noticed"

"Oh Tyler, I'm so glad I did notice"