chapter 31

Songs for this Chapter:

You Make Me Feel- Cobra Starships

You Don't Know(For Fuck Sake)-Ed Sheeran

Alex's P.O.V

I go inside, taking Niall's sunglasses off of my face, and see my boss glaring at me.

"Your a minute late." His jaw clenches. It's just a minute, it's not like I skipped the whole day.

"I'm sorry." I walk behind the counter and he points me to the back.

"Brandon will show you around and then you'll put movies out on display." My boss points to the tall guy with brown hair who is about the same height as Niall. I walk over to him and he hands me my name tag.

"I'm Brandon," He reaches his hand out to shake mine, smirking.

"I'm Alex." I grab a black marker and cross out the unwanted letters in my name, so it reads Alex, making Brandon laugh.

"You hate your name that much?" He laughs walking to the book shipment room and I nod yes. He shows me around and we begin placing movies on shelves.

He asks me about myself and vise versa.

"Are you from the states?" I hand Brandon a movie and he puts it on display.

"Yep."

"Why'd you move here?" He asks me and hands me a box, while holding another one in his hand, walking to the back to mark what movies we just put up.

I didn't mind Brandon asking me questions because he was nice and became my friend quickly. Of course I don't tell him I moved to London because of my father.

"I got a scholarship."

Whenever lunch time rolls around we walk across the street to get sandwiches. He offers to pay for my food, but I tell him I don't want him to and he does it anyway.

We sit down as we tell each other embarrassing stories that happened to us. Once it's time to get back to work I have fifteen minutes left until I leave, so Brandon and I go to the back, sitting down talking about what movies we like. The other employees can put up the rest of the movies, we've done enough.

"It's one o'clock, I'm leaving now." I stand up from my spinny chair and get my stuff.

"Is your ride here?" He stands up as we walk from the back. Shit, I forgot to tell Niall what time I get off. I shake my head and pull my phone out.

"I could give you a ride?" Brandon offers, but I tell him I'm fine and text Niall.

"No, my ride will be here in ten minutes." I already told Brandon why I could've drive and he understood.

"I'll wait with you then, if you'd like?" Brandon says, pulling his car keys out of his pocket as we step outside. I put Niall's sunglasses on my face and Brandon compliments them.

"Why thank you," I say in a goofy voice, flipping my hair dramatically making him laugh. We sit there and laugh at stupid things both of us do, until Niall's car pulls up.

"Bye, Alex." Brandon gives me a short hug and I wave, walking to the car.

I get in the car and see Niall's pissed face.

"What happened?" I say in baby talk, reaching my hand up to his face and squish his cheeks, making duck lips. He moves his face back and glares at me.

"Why are you being mean?" I roll my eyes, groaning out of annoyance while taking off his sunglasses and places them in the cup holder. I don't want him grumpy whenever I'm happy, it's a mood killer.

"Who is that?" Niall points to the guy talking on the phone.

"My friend, Brandon." I shrug simply.

"Why is he waiting if he has car keys in his hands?"

"Niall, I don't know. Go ask him." I say sarcastically and irritated. I lay my head back, closing my eyes and I hear a door slam. It's not even that serious for him to go over to Brandon, but I saw how angry Niall was and I don't know what he'll do.

I look through the window to see what they're talking about and it looks like they're having a civilized conversation until I see Brandon's veins pop out of his neck.

I get out of the car, jogging across the street to see what's going on. Niall and Brandon are screaming at each other whenever I walk up to them.

"You didn't tell him you had a boyfriend?" Niall snaps at me.

"No, it never came up." I stare at him.

"Tell her what you said, Brandon." Niall presses.

"Nothing." Brandon looks off.

"Don't ever what you said about her again." Niall clenches his jaw, stepping towards Brandon and I step in front of both of them, pushing Niall away.

"It doesn't matter what he said anymore, come on." I rush my words. I don't think I can take watching another fight, especially one that involves Niall.

Niall brings my head between his hands and smashes my lips to his, pushing his tongue past my lips, grabbing my bum and pushing me against him.

"Stop." I push out of his grip and walk to the car, wiping my mouth off with the back of my hand.

*******

please vote & comment!  :)