A mother's love

Hera was walking down towards the cargo bay with a datapad in her hands. She had send Kanan, Sabine, Zeb and Chopper on a supply run while Ezra stayed. When she got to the bay, Hera realize the ramp was open. "That's weird, I thought I closed it when they left" Hera mumbled and stepped outside. Hera looked around until she saw Ezra sitting on a rock and walked over.

"Ezra?" Ezra jumped at the sound of her voice "Oh Hera, I didn't see you there" Ezra said while trying to clean his face, hoping she didn't see "What are you doing here?" "I was going to ask you the same thing" Hera said sitting next to him. "Hey, are you okay dear?" "Yea......I'm fine" Ezra said with a sigh "Alright. Spill" Hera said "What's wrong Ezra". Ezra stayed quiet for a while and Hera just sat there and waited, letting Ezra collect his thoughts. "It's nothing important" Ezra said getting up and walking towards the ghost. Hera got up and caught up with him. "If it's important to you then it's important to me. Talk to me love. What's wrong?" Hera said using Kanan nickname, hoping for Ezra to respond.
"It just.....nothing Hera" "Ezra" Hera said sternly "Fine. It just.....today was my mom's birthday and me and dad would always do something special for her...." Ezra said trailing off hoping Hera would get it. Hera stood there for a moment before pulling Ezra into a hug. Ezra wasted no time returning it and the both of them stood there in the long, green grass as the wind blew. "Oh Ezra. I'm so sorry" "It's not your fault" Hera looked down as Ezra to see him fighting his tears. "Ezra, it's okay to cry. I won't make fun of you" and with that Ezra cried. He released everything he been holding back for the last 8 years. "Your mother would've been proud of you Ezra, just like I am. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that" "That's okay" Ezra said weakly "Why does the empire (sniff) do this to people. Make them feel hurt. Make them feel like they're alone?" "I.....don't know honey but things will get better. One day, the war will end and the empire will fall, and when that happens, we all would be in peace" "Promise?".

Hera looked down at Ezra. She knew she couldn't promise stuff like that but she did anyway. "Ezra" "Yea Hera" Ezra said looking up at her. Hera smiled and said "I love you son" Ezra returned the smile and said "I love you too...Mom and thank you for being here with me" "You're welcome and thank you for being here on the ghost. With us.....with me. You were our missing piece. You made this crew even closer. Like.." Ezra finished Hera sentence "Like a family?" "Yes. Just like a family"

I did one like this with Spacedad (Kanan) when Ezra had nightmares. Now I did one with Spacemom (Hera)