D E B B Y

~Liz~

The bright blue sky above shines down through the glittering window pane. My face is warmed by the light, but a cool breeze brushes over my cheeks, cooling me back down.

"You like the view?" Debby asks, resting her hand on my shoulder. I nod, turning to her. Her hair is lavender now, but not a bright lavender. It's more of a dusty lavender. She smiles brightly.

"Debby?" I ask, leaning back on the wall.

"Yeah?" She asks, sitting down on the couch and patting the spot next to her.

"Are you and Josh okay?" I ask softly, stroking the fluffy little cat next to me that purrs and puts its head in my lap.

Debby sighs, turning to me and sitting criss cross apple sauce. She pets the other cat, The Doctor's head.

"Honestly, I'm not very sure. We are best friends and everything but between my acting and music, juggling you and his music, we are struggling to see each other. We just, we've been texting about it and we are going to call one another later to talk about it."

The doctor stands up and climbs onto her lap, licking her chin. "Um, if you two do break up, what's going to happen? I mean, are we going to move out?" I ask.

Debby shrugs. She carefully places Doctor on a pillow and stands up, motioning for me to come with her. To take my mind off of everything we've talked about today she decides to do a mini photoshoot. We both take pictures of each other for hours.

It's been 3 months since the day the judge decided I could stay with the boys, Debby and Jenna. Tyler and Josh left for tour a week later and Jenna had to go back home that day. It's just been Debby and I. It's now August. My school will start in September. Debby is going to introduce me to one of her friends later on today that has a sister that will be in my grade at my new school. I'm pretty excited but also nervous.

"Hey, is everything okay? You're a little drifty."

I shrug, sinking into her bed, "It's just a little hard with Josh and Tyler gone and thinking about school, and maybe leaving your house. I mean, I feel scrambled."

She nods, telling me to continue.

"It's like I've been thrown into a storm that will leave me alone for a short while and then come crashing back and pounds me for 2 weeks. I have a home here, Doctor and little kitty love me, I just feel at home here. I feel at home with you. I don't want to leave. I'd rather be here with you and meeting your friends and watching your shoots then traveling with Tyler and Josh all the time. They go to cool places sometimes and I want to see them, but I don't want to sit at concerts until 3 am every night and be followed by security everywhere and sleep on airport floors."

Debby chuckles and nods, "I understand. Maybe you'll stay here no matter what."

"Did you ever think that maybe I'm not supposed to be with Tyler and Josh? Like maybe all of the trouble we went through was a sign?"