Dun, Dun, Dun.

~Liz~

I grip Chase's hand as we walk, realizing just how nervous I am. He rubs circles in the back of my hand to calm me. He eases his grip to switch hands and put the other around my side after realizing that I'm struggling to get myself up the steps. Chase chuckles, "I can feel your awkward heartbeat, kiddo. Calm down."

I take a deep breath, nodding. We venture through rows and rows of cars in the structure. We turn a corner and see a smiling redhead standing in front of a car. She hugs me tightly when we get closer. I've already missed her after a little over 48 hours. She lets go of me and embraces her older brother. They exchange a few whispers. We hop into the car, Chase sitting in the back with me.

"So, Josh's grandfather was released this morning, so we are meeting up with him at his family's home. Tyler ran to Jenna's to squeeze in some quality time before we go back to California, but you've got Chase and I," Debby fills us in. I watch out the window, grabbing Chase's hand again. He absentmindedly rubs my hand in soothing motions. Next thing I know, we are parked in a random driveway, Josh is running at the car, and he is throwing my door open. I am barely untangled from my seatbelt when he pulls me from the car into a firm hug. He wraps both of his arms around me, kissing the top of my head. I wrap my arms around him, inhaling deeply. His shirt surrounds my face and his scent fills my airways as I breath in. I am instantly calmed. He breaks away from me after a moment, glancing at Chase.

Josh gives him a side hug and then looks at me. "Ya ready?" He asks. I take a deep breath, nodding. He takes my head and leads me into the backyard of the house. He seems so excited. He slows down as we approach the corner. He turns back, making sure I'm ready. I nod, gripping his hand tighter. He starts walking, me behind him.

"What the heck, Josh?" A female voice asks. The same voice says hello to Debby, who walks past Josh and I with Chase. A male voice greets him. "You had gone to meet him at the car?"

Josh shakes his head, "No, that's not all."

"Then what is it? I saw that run, I know you are excited about something," A female voice says.

I can hear the smile in voice when he says, "I'd like to introduce you," as he brings me forward from behind his back, "my... daughter?"

I smile shyly at what seems to be his family. They stare blankly at Josh and I. What seems to be his mom clears her throat. "Daughter?" She asks.

I glance at Josh, not knowing what to do. He wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Josh has a daughter?" What seems to be his brother asks. Josh clears his throat, gathering their attention.

"Why didn't we know about this before?" A sister asks.

"She doesn't look like you at all," the other mentions.

"What even is going on?" The brother comments again.

"I know this is confusing. I know. I know you probably have 8 million questions, but please, please let me explain before you throw your thoughts at me, alright?" He pleads. They offer nods. Josh leads us closer, pulling a chair out for me. He rests his hands on the back of the chair, staying close to me.

I look up at him, worry in my eyes. Josh brushes hair from my face. He looks back up at his family.

"Daughter is a word I don't normally use. It's a choice word. I'm very sorry that I never included you all into the loop, I just thought 'I'm an adult, there is no need to include my parents in this'. Liz, this is my family. My mother, Laura. My father, Bill. My brother, Jordan. My sister Abigail, and my other sister Ashley. Family, Liz."