Wavers, Hair Dye, and Suitcases.

~Liz~
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Josh asks, turning a little to look at me. I nod, tapping my fingers on my legs.

"Yeah," I say.

"Are you really sure? We are leaving for Thanksgiving tomorrow and tour from there, are you really sure you want to do this?" He asks, still looking at me carefully.
"We talked about this, so many times. You and Tyler agreed that I could do this, we said it was good for me after everything."

"I can't believe Tyler is letting you do this," He says, shaking his head as we wait.

I laugh a little, "Josh, your the one who talked him into this and are giving me permission."

He laughs a little back, "I know that, but I'm just shocked he's okay with this."

"Me too," I laugh.

Josh shakes his head a little, looking down at the clipboard of papers in his hands. "Right before Thanksgiving," He says with a little laugh.

I playfully shove him, earning a laugh.

Someone approaches us, "I'm guessing you are Liz?" He asks. I nod, and we both stand up. He offers a hand, connected to a arm with a sleeve of beautiful ink. "I'm Reid," he says, shaking both my and Josh's hands.

"I'm Josh," Josh offers with a slight smile.

Reid notices the clipboard in Josh's hands, and motions to it, "Did you get that all figured out?" as we walk towards one of the back rooms.

Josh laughs a little, "It's not my first rodeo," he says with a laugh, lifting his shirt sleeve to reveal his full sleeve of tattoos.
Reid laughs a little, "That's some nice work. You really into tattoos?"

Reid pats the place for me to sit and Josh takes a seat across from me, smiling a little.

"Yeah, totally. I'm planning on getting more, and uh, Tyler has a lot as well. She's pretty intensely into tattoos now," Josh laughs, giving me a look. I smile a little. "I'm actually surprised he isn't here," Josh says, checking his phone.

Reid takes the clipboard from Josh, quirking an eyebrow, "Okay, I don't mean to pry or get really personal but your Liz's...?" Reid trails in question.

Josh clears his throat, "Oh yeah, um, Tyler and I are her guardians. I'm waaaaay too young to be her dad, oh my god." He and I laugh a little.

"And Tyler is your partner?" Reid asks, reading over the clipboard and glancing back up to look at us.

Josh chuckles a little, shaking his head, "um, no, he's just my best friend. I have a girlfriend, actually. But um, Liz is Tyler's little sister, and because of what we do, they required a second person to take duel guardianship, so I agreed to do so."

Reid nods, setting down the clipboard, "Well, all of this looks good. What exactly do you do?" Reid asks, looking truly intrigued.

I can't help but grin at Josh. He clears his throat again, "We are in a band called Twenty One Pilots, you might have heard of us."

Reid's eyes widen, "That explains why you look familiar. Well that's super cool," he says, and then he turns to look at me, "You know what you want, right?"

I nod, fishing my phone out of my pocket to show him a picture because I have no idea what to call it.

He nods, looking at it. "So you want a double helix in that area of your ear?" He asks.

I nod, "yes, please."

"Is Josh okay with this?" Reid asks, looking between us.

"That's the reason I'm the one here," Josh says with a chuckle.

Reid laughs, "Understandable. You ready?" He asks me.

I nod, and he begins putting on gloves, getting everything around, opening a new needle, and cleaning my ear.

Soon enough, we are done. I thank Josh as we walk, and he looks at his phone to see the time.
"Perfect timing, we have enough time to go pick up the dye and go put it in so it's all ready tomorrow, and you'll have time to pack," Josh says, grinning a little. He's just as excited to dye my hair again.

"So, it's for sure that I'm going on tour? Like, everything is worked out?" I ask, peering up at Josh's smiling face.

He looks at me, a hint of the worried look from the court day returning, "Liz..."

"Josh."

He places a hand on my shoulder, "Why else would you have been out of school for this long?"

"Because I'm suspended," I say, looking at the floor.

Josh shakes his head, "No, because Tyler and I pulled you out of school."

"Before or after the suspension?" I ask.

"Before. It just took a while to process and they shouldn't have done that," Josh says, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Back to my original question, I'm going on tour, right?" I ask, glancing up at Josh.

He nods, "Yes, you are going every single show."

I smile happily, walking beside Josh.

We stop, grabbing hair dye.

When we get back, oddly enough, the house is pretty empty. It's a weekday, so Chase had work, Debby had something work-like, and Jenna had to fly back to Ohio. Tyler had some final things to sort out about tour while we were gone.

I relax a bit while Josh is dying the tips of my hair. He talks to me about nothing, and I like it.

"Josh?"

"Yeah?" He asks, looking down at me.

"I really appreciate you," I say, looking up at him.

"Where'd that come from?" He asks.

I shrug, "Can you just accept my words and be kind?"

He laughs a little, "fine, I appreciate you too."

When my hair is done, he is hesitant to leave me alone in my room to pack, but I somehow convince him. I sit in my room, getting out the suitcase they just recently bought me, along with a bunch of new clothes for both tour and to remake myself after everything.
I plug my phone into my speakers, softly playing my music in the background and get out everything I need. Tyler had made me a list of everything I'll need to help with my packing.

"Your brain is interesting," Josh says from the doorway, "I've been watching you for a little while and it's interesting to see how your brain organizes all of this."

I look around at the piles of things neatly surrounding me, splayed out on my floor. He comes in, sitting at my desk and watches me pack.

"What time is it?" I ask, carefully fitting all of the pieces of my packing puzzle into place.

"Around three forty, we've still got a while until they get home," Josh says.

"I'm going to miss Debby and Chase," I say, finishing my packing.

Josh nods, "you'll miss a lot of things, but it'll be okay. You'll figure it out."

"I'm just excited to see Jordan again," I say with a smile.

"Thanksgiving sure will be fun," Josh laughs a little.