Chapter 8

I had lost track of time, fantasizing yet again when the lesson finished. Before I knew it I was back in my cabin, lying on the lounge, fantasising yet again.

Someone's voice interrupted my thoughts, "Elsa?"

"Mm?" I mumbled, opening my eyes when I recognised the voice. "Matilda!" I hushed, walking to her. Her head was poking out through the slightly ajar door. I slipped through, following Matilda as I checked the time, 7.46 pm. Oops, I forgot.

We walked silently down the stairs, through the corridor and out of the main entrance, taking a diagonally left turn towards the Wishing Tree.

"Come on" Matilda said, climbing the tree. I couldn't be bothered climbing, I turned my legs into goat legs, without really thinking about it, as I jumped up, catching a branch and swinging myself nimbly up and over it, perching right next to Matilda who was looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh- I uh. Training. And I had help, m-my friends helped." I stammered, explains why I didn't freak out and cry. She nodded slowly, "good good. Have you done anything that's been bigger then your hand?" She asked.

"Uh yes. I was cold last night, and without really meaning to I grew a large fox tail and wrapped it around me. Oh... And angel wings." I said, hoping I didn't get a lecture.

"Well this is improvement. Definitely. But... Now we should try improvement with different things. I would like a ducks beak." She said, her tone was light as always.

I hesitated before a beak automatically grew out of me, I didn't need to think before I transformed any more. Usually it just happened.

"Good. Make it longer and pointed at the end." She said.

Don't think. Just do.

I felt my beak grow, pointing down at the end.

"Now make the tip a dagger, dripping maple syrup." Matilda directed me.

My beak sharpened even more, the tip was metallic as it dropped a sugary substance. Matilda held a vial, "now I can test if the is anything different between this maple syrup, and your maple syrup. Also, turn the beak into a dark indigo blue."

I thought souly on the colour, before seeing a dark blue beak.

Focusing my eyes back on my beak, which was now a dark shade of indigo.

"And now... Retract it slowly."

Retract slowly. Retract slowly. Slowly.

I felt my beak un hinging, sinking backwards and transforming into skin. I smiled. Why was this so easy now? Maybe it was Zach and his good advice. Yes. It was Zack... Oh. And his advice!

I added quickly to my thought.

"Now. Make your left hand a big green book with 1580 pages. And I want you to make your right foot a webbed foot, like a duck.

The door was easy, transforming immediately. The book I needed to think about.

Green book. Big. 1580 pages.

My hand weighed down slightly, I looked down, my wrist suddenly forming into a giant emerald green book, Matilda's opened up the book, or my hand, and looked at the page number.

"Perfect!" She mumbled.

"I'm mainly going to order you to do transformation until you can multitask and transform without thinking about it. but now, some magic." She smiled, holding out her hand as a little ball of light came. Illuminating the tree.