Chapter 67

"Josh. I need your help." I said to him, flushing a s he saw Zacka me I's entwined hands.

Ignoring me, he turned in Zack, "I swear if you hurt her. I'll kill you." He muttered.

"Okay then." Zack calmly said back. I gripped a hand tighter.

"Josh. I need... I need...? Uh, I was told you have something. An item." I coaxed, truthfully that was all I knew.

Josh's face turned grim, "in Endors lair, he gave me an item. It's broken, but I'm fixing it, mending it, replenishing it. It's almost done but... Elsa. You have to take it." He gazed at me.

Started, I stuttered "w-what? No. I just need whatever is inside it, if it's the right one"

"Go. Quickly, I need to tend to it, I can't work while people watch me." Josh said. I knew he was lying, I pursed my lips as I lead Zack back through the door.

"Want to fight...?" He asked me. I nodded, fighting was one of the only things that calmed me down.

He let go of my hand, running ahead and grabbing a sword, I reached in to my weapons belt, meeting him in the centre of the room as we fought.

"Break?" Zack asked me, panting.

I was drenched in sweat, and I took a shower and everything!

Zack didn't look much better, he collapsed to the ground in a heap, I did the same.

"Elsa. I think you should know-" he started.

"No. I will fight you with a dagger next. No excuses!" I muttered half-heartedly to him.

"No. Elsa.. It's not that. I think... Just calm down, and look slowly by your left hand." He coaxed, I prickled up, spikes running along my arm. I slowly cast my eyes down, almost screaming out of fear, shadows and ash particles surrounded my hand, slowly the shadows would overcome me.

"Don't scream. It's okay! It's okay..." Zack slowly said, getting up, he talked calmly to me like I was a little dog.

"D-don't Zack. Don't... Just... Don't." I pleaded, raising my hand.

Unfortunately that was my left hand, as I raised it, the shadows followed, thickening and swirling around my arm.

My eyes widened and I whimpered, shutting my eyes tight. "Go away. Go away. Go away" I forced the shadows, all it did was thin out, trapping my arm.

"Oh dear. Zack. Run!" I screamed at him, opening the window behind me, I slowly let myself out, "run!" I screamed to him, he stood still, his eyes were big and moony.

I clasped my hand over my other hand, forcing the energy back into my skin.

I let go, biting my lip. Opening my eyes I saw a burnt hand mark over the skin, "damn" I mumbled, before climbing back in the window.

"Why didn't you just fly away?" He asked me.

My eyes brimmed with tears "because I can't. Zack. I can't! All my other powers are gone, replaced by shadows and ash and... And death. I was told to find an item and drink the 'right one' inside. It was a raspy insane voice and. I can't! I don't have- my powers are gone. Since I was cursed." I started, my anger building up.

"No calm down! That's fine. That's okay, you'll get them back." He said reassuringly. I took deep breaths, forcing my mind to be calm.

"I'm calm... I am fine. Okay I'm good now." I mumbled, regaining my regal posture.

The truth was; I was terrified.

Terrified I would hurt someone, someone I love.

Terrified people will shut me out.

Terrified I would shut someone else out.

Terrified of losing control.

Basically terrified of what I could do, but I didn't want them to know. I had to be brave. I have to do it, for them.

I managed a tight smile, although I knew it didn't convince him.

All Zack did was frown.

"I-I need that item thingy as soon as possible. I need it now. I don't wan-" I just off, biting my lip and digging my fingernails into my palm skin.

"You don't want to what?" Zack asked softly.

I turned on him, my face was distraught.

"I don't want to hurt anyone I love..." I mumbled quietly to myself, attempting to force back the unshed tears.

"Elsa. I wouldn't mind if you hurt me, but I will never hurt you." Zack coaxed me, all this did was make me feel weaker.

"No don't. I don't want pity. I don't want shame. I don't want pain! I've had enough!" I hissed.

"Enough of what?" Zack wearily asked.

I practically shouted at him, "of life! I've had enough of life!"