Chapter 85

We couldn't risk anymore days, throughout last night we had rehearsed what to do. The plan was that Zack and I flew together into Nedirla, go to the town hall (which is where the entrance is) and open it somehow, retrieving what was inside while the battle raged on around us. There was much whispers and murmurs as this was mentioned to the school. After devising and adding more ideas my head was so crammed up I just gave up.

"You'll be good, won't you?" Tara asked me.

I nodded, "I'm always good, aren't I?" I asked innocently, hearing Zack 'cough' behind me.

Tara wiped a tear from her eye as she went to Zack, fixing up his pack and checking everything was there, while Josh came over to me.

He couldn't speak for a while, instead he held out his arms and I huddled in them. Although Zacks hugs were nice, I preferred Josh's. It was something I found myself use to over the years.

"I'm going to miss you so much." I said to him, forcing tears back.

"So am I. I'll think about you every day, I'll fight with my all and we can win this. Okay? Then when you get back, we will bake a cake." He smiled.

That's the thing I loved about Josh, he said that I would come back, like there was no other option. That there wouldn't be another option.

"Take care, Joshua." I said.

That just made him clutch me harder, we hardly used his full name. Now that I said it it sounded like a formal goodbye, like, 'Goodbye Joshua. See you for tea'.

But no, this was so much more serious.

With one last hug he said a few words to Zack, before grabbing Tara in his arms and planting a reassuring kiss on her forehead.

I smiled. Finally they had actually gone together.

I turned to Zack who nodded briskly, the night was falling over the rolling hills of Lhanyia, and I knew I wouldn't see them for a while.

Shifting into a dragon Zack hopped on me, clinging to a saddle and giving a final wave before we flew off into the distance.

"Are we there yet?" Zack asked for the 56th time. Unfortunately he woke up from his nap a few hours ago, and was now raring to go.

I shook my head, he just smiled and kept a lookout for any monsters. So far we got attacked by a few, but they didn't exactly survive for a long time.

My eyelids were drooping slightly as the morning light came through, I forced myself to stay awake by blinking furiously. But the more I tried the more I seemed to sag and weigh down.

"Elsa. Are you okay?" He asked me.

I shook myself awake and gave the slightest nod.

"Do you want to... Stop?" He asked me, on the word 'stop' my mind seemed to black out. I fell to the ground, aimlessly flapping my wings. Instead I wrapped them protectively around Zack before I plummeted to the ground, giving into the long-gone sleep instantly.

My eyes fluttered open as I aimlessly stared at blurry coloured dots that may or may not have been my eyelashes.

"You are finally awake." Zack exclaimed.

I blinked a few times, my legs swaying in the motion.

Zack had thrown me over his shoulder likes. Sack of flour, then decided to walk to Nedirla. That would've been hard.

"Yeah. I'm fine now, sorry. I could hardly get any sleep lately, I've been... Scared." I admitted, ashamed.

"About what?" Zack asked, unfazed.

"What if I can't defeat Endor? What if I die in the process or what if someone I like dies? What do I do, Zack?" I asked helplessly.

"Yes. But you won't fail. I would say we are about a few hours walk.. I'll get you there soon." He said, turning and smiling at me.

"No. Come on. Now that I've gotten rest it's your turn!" I said, shifting my weight and falling off of his shoulder and onto the hard grassy ground, biting back a yelp.

He said an apology as I transformed again, letting wings spread out of my side and a tail shoot from my back.

Gracefully Zack clambered on, clutching his hands on me for support as I took off, going at a rapid pace for about an hour, not letting myself slow down.

I could see a line of monsters, not giving them the chance of attacking I shot fireballs at them constantly, bellowing madly as Zack pierced them with throwing knifes.

In an instant there was an uproar, soon despatched as the bodies disintegrated, leaving silence in the air as I swooped down into the town hall of Nedirla.