Chapter 33

My mother stood there, full black armour as she wielded atlas in her left hand. Atlas, on an open page, but constantly changing as my mother shouted different incantations at Endor. She held up a light green force field around us. She pointed her long dainty fingers at Endor, fiery sparks flew out at them, just as they were a safe distance from her, the fire transformed into tigers, flaming tigers with a very bad attitude. They lunged at him, simply scorching his skin with no obvious affect.

"Elsa. Run!" She hissed at me.

"No! Come with us!" I screamed not waiting for her reply as I grabbed her with my metal arm and placed her down in side the enclosure. My mother grumbled with confusion but hastily stood up and cast more spells at the oncoming Endor.

Not looking back I ran, as fast as I could. I took a left down the hallway and instantly regretted it, my ears bled as the noise pierced them. It was stronger then before because... Oh no. I took the wrong turn!

I could hear the screams of the people in the enclosure, and this screams of the damned. I turned around, my ears had cleared. I could tell everyone else's had as well, my mother, yet again reading from Atlas, had cast a spell.

I couldn't hear anything inside the protective bubble, however I could see outside. And I wish I couldn't.

Standing outside and clawing at the enchanted bubble was... Spirits.

They had long ghoulish white faces, their expressions was pure horror and they didn't have any eyes. The were just black sockets. Their chins drooped down and their moths were gaped open, no teeth, just a black expanse. The souls were draped in black shadow clothes that rippled like water, and at the end of their hands were long, talon-like claws.

I gasped, or I think I did. I couldn't hear.

I turned around and ran, grateful that the bubble moved with me, I was the one protecting everyone and now it was my job to keep them safe.

My paws scurried quickly along, my ears wee pricked up and my eyes were on the prowl.

Carelessly I ran as fast as I could, not stopping until I was running up the stairs, crashing into the rock and fell down.

I panted, my body slowly turning back to human form, everyone else had collapsed beside me. I didn't care what they thought about me, and if they blame me then I'll remind them I just, you know. Saved their life's.

Slowly my senses were coming back, my breath was evening and my adrenalin was subsiding slightly.

Grimly I stood up, forcing the rock to close behind me as I looked at the group of people, many were strangers. Except for my mother, my brother, Zack and Matilda.

"Uh...?" I started, looking at Josh, who was cradling himself.

"Elsa. This is... Teachers. Fr-from school." He murmured, monotoned.

I went over and hugged him, "hey. What's the matter?" I asked, although it was pretty obvious. He looked up at me with those big sad eyes, "Elsa. You... Wouldn't believe what they do in there. The things they do... It's horrible. And that thing is our father. That's sickening." He gagged, I hugged him even tighter.

"I know Josh. No I really don't. But you have to be strong, he isn't part of you. You can be who you want." I wasn't really sure what to say. I could feel him faintly nod as he grabbed my arm for reassurance.

His face was a sickly green, his limbs were bony and blood soaked. There were tears all over his shirt.

"Josh. Tell me what happened, everything." I murmured quietly to him, curling my fingers around his. Josh took a steady breath.

"First I was tying to tell you I found something, I'll tell you later. But then I was overcome, by Endor. And I was sick, he plagued my thoughts, my memories. Turning them against me. I tried to reach out to you, but I was in a time loop of my own memories. You kept turning into a monster, and I was killing you. Every time. Every single hour. It was driving me insane. Finally I actually woke, but by that time no one was with me, and a monster took me away. I passed out from sickness, and woke up here. Endor interrogated me; tried to get me to tell him where I hid it. He couldn't find it, no one could." Josh maniacally laughed, I hesitated. He was clearly diluted.

"And then he... He tortured me. Attempted me to tell, but I remembered you. I remembered my friends... Safe haven for me. He couldn't break me..." Josh continued, looking down at his hands briefly. "Elsa... I just don't know what's right anymore." He mumbled, half to himself.

"Josh. You're sick! You'll get better but you're sick. Just stick with me and you'll be okay." I mumbled, gripping his hand tighter, he smiled thankfully at me.

"Elsa... These are the teachers. The ones that have been acting strangely." Matilda stated, checking the teachers for sickness. Many were bony and pale, sickened with disbelief.

I went to the nearest one, an elderly lady. "What happened?" I asked her, she opened her mouth, attempting to speak and straight away closed it.

Huffing, I out my fingers to her head, re-watching her memories.

It was like I was inside her head, I was her. I could feel her aching limbs and years of knowledge. Suddenly a screech pierced my ears, a black monster, a pterodactyl like creature with an extra long face and bat like wings approached, in one swift movement like an eagles it snatched me up. I was too stunned to do anything.

I heard myself screaming, although it was in a lower and wiser voice then mine. I tried to move but it's talons were clamped around my body. I was helpless.

I blacked out.

When I awoke my stomach was growling and my throat was parched. "Water" I gasped. The answer was a throaty laugh. "No water for you." Came the reply of my... Elsa's father.

The scene fast forwarded.

For days I got little food, not much to drink. I was paralysed on the floor of the cave, suddenly surrounded by other teaches who had been kidnapped.

Suddenly there was a figure in front of me, they were old and wise looking. Like I was, exactly like me. It was an impersonation.

"hello, I will be taking your place at Lhanyia. Don't worry, I'll be teaching. Just not the same way you did." The monster said to me, I could tell it was a monster. Just pretending to be me.

"Different?" I hissed, my voice was throaty.

"Yes. I will be training up the students to fight for us. Soon everything will be ours to feast on." The monotoned zombie-like women replied to me. I was too shocked to reply. I bowed my head in defeat, a tear trickling down my face as I imagined an army of student zombies, fighting their own kind. Aiding monsters. And then being eaten, like regular people.

And I could do nothing to stop it.