Chapter 83

I hadn't left Zacks side the whole night. When I awoke I stretched out, probably the most I had moved in a while, then resumed my position, holding on to Zack.

Around 10am I could feel Zack awakening.

I sat up, hopeful in my chair. The moment he set eyes on me he smiled.

It's okay. He is going to be Okay!

I thought. But the first word he said made my heart break.

"Ella." He said happily, his eyes seemed diluted. He was hallucinating.

"Ella? No. I'm Elsa." I fought back tears in my eyes.

"Ella. Come on. We need to go into the woods. I'm sorry what happened to mother, but you'll be okay now." He reassured me, or Ella. Who was Ella, anyway?!

Un-gracefully he got up, stumbling and straightening himself up.

"Ella. Come on. Before he finds us, we need to go." He said, grabbing my hand. But it didn't feel the same, it wasn't a loving gesture anymore.

"Zack. I'm Elsa. Not Ella. Whose Ella?!" I demanded him.

He stopped and hesitated, his eyes clearing for a split second. "No no. Ella. Elsa... Ella I know... Ella come on. It's not mothers fault she gave you the name 'Ella'. Don't blame her. She was a hero in the end." His voice was filled with sorrow on that last sentence. I couldn't help feeling sad.

"Zack. Please. I'm Elsa!" I pleaded him.

"No. You're my sister, Ella. Come on. We need to go before he finds us." He said quickly, leading me out the door.

"Before who finds us?!" I asked.

"Ella. You don't remember? Our father. You saw how he went mad and murdered our mother. It'll be okay though, we can escape." He insisted, leading me out the hallway despite my willpower and attempt to stop.

For someone that has been cursed, this is beyond ridiculous.

"How did you get cursed?" I asked him, pointing at his hand.

"Oh Ella, she visited me before. She touched my hand and cursed me of 'Forbidden Love'. But your the only one left that I loved... I mean. Love... Why did I? Why was it past tense?" He asked me innocently and all child like, a tear fell from his cheek.

"Zack you're crying," I motioned.

"Me? I'm not crying." He frowned.

I felt so sorry for him. All I did was bow my head and walk in silence with him to the woods.

"Here. We can camp here for the night. I'll go get sticks for a fire." He said determinedly.

"No Zack. It's time to snap out of it. I'm Elsa. Ella is... I don't know. That's in the past Zack!" I yelled at him.

His eyes cleared. "Elsa! Els-Ella. Come on. We need to run from him. It'll be okay." He convinced me.

In frustration I hugged him, I needed to know the real Zack was back in there.

I looked up at him, his eyes were clear as he mouthed the words: a miss of true love.

What the hell?!

A miss, of true love? Is that what he is saying?! But his expression was clear. I don't get it.

Before I could decipher it completely his gaze hardened over and he shuddered, regaining his normal position.

"Ella what are you doing, you act like you're going to kiss me." He scoffed.

I leaned in, he reared back, completely dropping my gaze.

"What the hell Ella? I- we need firewood." He said, monotoned as he forgot what just happened.

"No. We need to go back to the school!" I said, already turning and walking away.

There was a silence before heartbroken sobbing. I turned to see Zack lying on the ground, tears streaking down his cheek.

"Ella! No I'm so sorry! I didn't know he would kill you. I'm sorry. I didn't! I shouldn't have left you. I'm so so sorry. You shouldn't have died. It should've been me! I'm sorry!" He sobbed into his own hands, his voice shaking uncontrollably.

"Zack. It's okay. I'm here." I said, but he didn't seem to see me.

He looked directly at me without even noticing me.

What?!

In an attempt to shut him up, I locked my lips with his.

Forcing my body against him to calm him down, to let him know I'm here.

His hand lightly scraped my cheek, caressing it.

"We need to go" I said, breaking apart from him.

"Elsa. What just happened?" He asked me.

I pulled away, in shock.

Okay today was weird. Now his eyes were clear.

"You were possessed!" I blurted out.

He looked at me like I was confused.

"What? No. I was asleep. And then. I was asleep in the forest. And then... I don't know. I just woke up to you kissing me! Which is a great wake up call, don't get me wrong!" He quickly added.

"You're hand. You're cured! Or you were... Now I don't know. And... Oh, it was a kiss of true love. Not a miss of true love. But you kept calling me Ella! Whose Ella? What happened?!" I demanded, a series of questions building up.

He looked down, "my father was a maniac, he murdered my mother in front of me. I was about eight.. I took Ella, my sister and we fled. We were in hiding for a year, and then he found us and killed her. She was only six... She didn't understand the danger we were facing. And now she never could." He bit his lip.

I hugged him quickly, "come on. You were only possessed for a day or two. Let's go." I said.

Together we walked up to the castle, where there was the headmaster waiting for us.

"Elsa. What are you doing out here? It isn't safe!" He hissed at me.

"What? Why? What happened?" I asked quickly.

"Oh Elsa. Don't you know? Endor has rallied his troops, the war could be any week now!"