Chapter 6

Briefly Josh went into description on the things we saw and some of our transformations, explaining how this has happened all out life. Matilda sat, listening carefully, I could see her brain calculation all this information, and many of the possibilities. Then Josh explained Tina's little experiments and how it worked at first, but then I got tired out. Dragging me to Matilda.

"Well... This should be impossible. But clearly it isn't... I shall have to teach you control, magic is very similar. It's hard to control magic sometimes... But in this case learning it and using it will help you out. See me every afternoon at 8 exactly, in the wishing tree." Matilda directed at me, "uh Matilda... Where is that?" I asked. I haven't been outside a small area, "you continuously go down the stair that are... You know what? At quarter-to-eight meet me right here. And I'll show you. Tomorrow morning is your first lesson, you'll be shown the school, the boundaries and what lies within and around them." She said. I nodded. "I need to go, try to suck in your tail now, you should be revived."

I nodded, thinking as clear as I could, the potion helped me a lot. Eventually my tail disappeared, my nose returned to normal and so did my talons.

"For the night, I want you to get little control, practise constantly, turning your pinky finger into different things, animated objects, talons, claws. That kind of stuff, it should be the easiest to contain, and the practice will do good. Same with you Josh, although I can see you are controlling it well." She nodded curtly, standing up and rushing to the door.

"Elsa it's okay. I'll be here for you, pointing out what to turn in to and giving advice." Said Tina, gripping my hand reassuringly. "Thank you." I murmured. Wiping my eyes.

I stood up, by myself, and walked down the hall and back to the cabin, Tina and Josh at my sides. I opened the door, many people stared at me again, "uh..." I started. "Where did you go? What was wrong? You looked scared. And sick..." Zack started, his gaze intensifying. I tried not to flinch. "It was me! It was all a prank. It was my idea." Started Tina, before regaining her story, "I wanted to prank you guys. and I got you good" she smirked. Many people were satisfied and laughed, Zack still stared at me, walking over as Tina and Josh stood explaining to the group of people about the 'prank'. "I know something's wrong, that something happened. Tell me." Zack demanded, his gaze not moving from my eyes.

I hesitate, trying not to flinch under his gaze. But he wouldn't back down, "tell me. Now."

I sighed, and hissed under my breath, "fine! But just don't... Scream. Or tell anyone. And don't hate me." I pleaded. Zack arched an eyebrow "you didn't kill someone did you?" He asked, slight sarcasm in his voice. "No. I didn't. This has nothing to do with death." I muttered, before leading him into my room and sitting down on the blue carpet.

"I. Uh... I can- ever since I was little I can- umm..." I started, not really sure how to say it.

"Spit it out." He coaxed me.

"Okay! I can shape shift!!! I can shape shift... I've been able to do it since I was born, Josh too. Except he can control it. And I can't. His is limited to weapons only, whereas I can shape shift into animals, demon-ish, weapons, and inanimate objects. So far.. I haven't exactly been trying. I've. I've just... I don't know, I push down my gift. And I am going to learn how to control my magic with Matilda. She offered me after I showed her. And. I shouldn't do it! I isn't want to. I want it gone! It's out me in danger all my life." I moped, not quite sure why I was telling him all this as I collapsed my head in my hands.

"Show me." He demanded.

I raised my left hand, concentrating on the nails as they transformed into talons.

There was a silence before I felt Zack grab my hand gently, stroking his fingers along each of the talons delicately. "This is amazing. How- how can you?" "I don't know. I've just... Been able to." I muttered, a tear streaking down my cheek slowly, I lifted my head up, "I don't want it! I can't control it and it makes me sick, seeing something happen to me that I can't control. It's so frustrating!!!" I muttered, my tear still streaking down my cheek. Zack lifted his finger and swiped it off, leaving my skin tingling where he touched it. I've never been around many boys. They make me nervous.