Chapter 71

I didn't even realise I fell asleep, well. Until I woke up, yet again at the infirmary.

Josh was gone, Zack was gone. Tara wasn't there, Matilda was tending to someone else. It must have been 10pm or something. I have no clue!

Groggily, I sat up in bed. Personally I don't like the infirmary, the thought of being sick, or weak.

With that thought pounding through my head, I got out, ignoring the coldness briefly, before my fox tail wrapped around me.

"I missed you so much!" I sighed, stroking my tail as I turned into a wolf. I like wolfs. Scratch that, I love them! And pandas.

Sniffing around, I pricked up my tail, trotting to the door. The wood creaklessely opened in front of me, I slipped through it, shutting it back with the base of my tail. I peered around the corridors, it was eerily silent.

Not bothering to think about it I walked down the hall and back to my cabin, turning into a human as I reached my room.

I slipped in, hearing the deep breathing of Tara. Gracefully I flew over her, landing softly on my bunk, immediately falling asleep as I lay down.

"Elsa. Ellllsssaaaaa..." A voice sang to me. I opened my eyes.

"Mm?" I asked Tara, who was leaning over me.

The sky was dark, it was still night.

Except the room was a light green.

It was coming from my bracelet...

"Atlas?!" I asked, Immediately sitting up, my wolf tail tabbed Tara and hauled her up next to me. We both watched in awe.

The book shone in front of us, open ending to a page.

"Morse code...?" I read out loud.

The brightness of the book brightened, and then darkened in a special sequence.

When it was finished the book died down, the light dulled constantly before clicking off.

"Reviving. Dip in river. Cut by swords. Reviving." Tara read out loud, frowning.

"Well okay. Dip in river to revive? Easy." I mumbled, getting up and throwing an overcoat on myself.

Tara pulled on a jacket and we both looked at each other, nodding briefly before I grabbed her, opening the window before leaping out and soaring.

The moonlight shone through my wings, outlining the pure white feathers, the glow of the bracelet was still continuously dull.

I sped up my pace, advancing on the river.

Landing swiftly, I placed Tara down, her eyes were wide. "That was amazing!" She sighed, grabbing my arm and practically dragging me into the river, giving my arm a bath.

As I watched Atlas momentarily brightened, flaring like the hope in me. Atlas hadn't spoken or helped me since I got cursed... Not even the occasional whisper.

"You're swords." Tara said, motioning towards my belt.

"Oh. Right. Of coarse!" I said, fumbling and grabbing my swords, slowly slicing over the bracelet.

The light brightened even more, dousing everything in a green light for a short while.

"We better go. People would have seen that." I mumbled, grabbing her arm as we disappeared, Instantly reappearing in our cabin room, the could wind billowing against the window.

I quickly shut it, jumping in bed.

"Well that was... Something," I said intellectually.

Tara mumbled her agreement sleepily, sighing before her breaths deepened.

In no time at all, so had mine.