Chapter 16

Reading the notes thoroughly of the potion called Sency, which apparently is supposed to make you smell the thing that appeals most to you. I grabbed the ingredients which were hokeyp aced on a silver tray, I tipped in the first ingredient; the petal of a rose.

I poured in the water as instructed, remembering what I read. Next I added the vurmount, old paper scraps, ninder and lmount.

I stirred the unfamiliar and familiar things in, the paper burnt and the rose petals crinkled, eventually smoothing in with the rest of the potion. The mixture turned a light magenta, giving off a rosy smell. I inhaled it, constantly.

Adding the other ingredients; klom, Sint, brown sugar?, vanilla beans and caramel, it smoothed over even more, turning a creamy colour with a hint of magenta.

I inhaled yet again, the smell was exactly the most magnificent smell to me.

Tenure was a hint of something else, I pushed it away. Focusing more on the vanilla.

Matilda walked in, inhaling, "mm... Smells amazing. Agh this is a gold mix. Just like Tara's." Matilda remarked, her voice a little less teacher-like.

"Kink she wants to be in SunShine." I stated.

"Yes I think she does too. It would be a pleasure having her..." Matilda came over, smelling the potion even more, "oh. Take it off now." She said, startled I grabbed the handle of the cauldron, it was slightly hot but it didn't affect me. I placed it down on the stone tiled ground, still inhaling the scent.

"She reminds me of you. Tara..." I turned to Matilda, who was looking in the distance with the same look as Tara.

"I me a, you're both smart. She's probably going to come in SunShine. She and you study a lot. And you're both kind and formal around other people." I listed off the main things.

"Yes I guess you're right. Anyway better go before someone explodes or some thing.' She hurried out the door, I frowned. "What do you think she was so quick to get out of?" I asked to no now in particular.

"No clue." Atlas whispered back to me. Her voice... It was so familiar, in a way...

I tipped the contents of the cauldron into a vial, it had air holes at the top, the heavenly smell continuously wafted around me. I grabbed the vial carefully and walked out the station, waving my hands as everything automatically cleaned up. I smiled, walking over to Tara, "oh wow. Agh! Smells amazing." I remarked at her potion.

"Aha thanks. Yours smells fabulous. What do you smell?" She asked me.

"I smell Vanilla, Caramel, some kind of... Chocolate brown sugar smell and..." I hesitated, sniffing again. "Uh... I can't tell... It's like a kind of singe smell I think..." I frowned. Tilting my head questioningly to her.

"Hmm? Oh me. Right, I smell... Rose Turkish delights... Mint and... I think that's honey?" She sniffed again. Nodding slowly.

"Interesting..." I smiled, "okay everyone. Basically tomorrow we will learn healing, don't be late." Matilda dismissed us with a wave of her hand.

"That lesson was amazing..." Tara sighed dreamily.

"I'm guessing you want to be in SunShine?" I looked at her sidewards.

We walked along in silence for a bit, "I think that's my most likely option. I'll see what I get in my test though." She replied, opening the door for me, I walked in, followed closely by her. I stopped, seeing Zack and Sophie locked in a tight hug. She was going to kiss him until she noticed us, anger flared through me, "bit close you're getting there." I scoffed, mentally shooting daggers at her.

She twirled her hair and cackled, "but we are dating. It's fine. And it's none of your business." She said, grabbing Zacks hand and leading him away.

Without thinking I jumped straight out the window, I could hear many people rushing and looking out to see if I was okay. My hair flew upwards into the sky before I landed on the roof, it was about 10 feet. I dropped 10 feet! And I wasn't hurt. Instead I ran, I ran along the edge of the roof, suddenly flying through the air, ignoring the gasps of amazement behind me and the pleading shouts of my name. I ran as fast as any average human could go, slightly faster. I ran and ran straight over a hill, not tiring out until I tripped over, laying on the ground and looking at the oncoming darkness of the sky.

I was on the outskirts of Lhanyia. And there was a monster in front of me.