Chapter 75

Good news: I'm alive.

Bad news: I turned back to a human girl before I crash landed.

Good news: no one else was hurt, or not seriously.

Bad news: I was the pillow that they landed on.

"Ooow.." I grumbled opening my eyes.

"Elsa. I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Zack asked, getting up, I felt a weight lift off my side. Probably him.

"I'm fine... Kind of. Ouch no I'm not." I said, getting up and stumbling again as my knees buckled. My left one was twisted in an odd angle...

"Move" Nala directed, already examining my leg. She out her hand to it, nothing happened. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Well... It's dislocated. Not broken. But I can't use magic. That was probably the force field, I think it prevents magic." She said, putting my knee in between her hands.

She pushed forward with one hand, pressing the other in the same place. With a sickening crunch and a strained gasp from my throat, my knee was back where is should be.

"That... Ouch!!! Ouch ouch ouch!" I hissed, pulling my knee up and grabbing it, waiting for the pain to pass.

"It'll be fine, as long as you don't move it around to much or seriously over stretch it. Just wait for a bit." She directed me.

"And you know this stuff how?" Josh asked her, coming and grabbing my hand reassuringly.

"Matilda wouldn't shut up about injuries and healing things when we were young." Nala smiled.

"Anyway we need to find Tara." Josh stated.

"Really? I thought we came here on a holiday!" Zack said.

"Well yeah, because this is definitely the honeymoon camp out place to be." I looked around.

We were in a forest, over to the left were trees thickening out to pine and oak. In front of that, was an open space with little trees around and rolling green hills. The rest was just normal jungle, and yet there was something I didn't like...

"Okay. I think that's as long as I'm willing to wait. Night is falling and soon it will be dark." Nala said, looking at the stars.

"How long before it's pitch black?" I asked.

"I'd say... A few hours. Come on." She said, grabbing me and pulling me up.

My leg only have a slight throb every now and then, otherwise it was okay.

All together, shoulders touching occasionally, we staggered onwards. All senses alert.

"Wait. Stop. Did you hear that?" Nala asked, touching my shoulder and ordering me to a halt.

I perked up, my senses had fallen slightly. Although I could make out a faint noise... It sounded like a high pitched whisper in my ear. Unfortunately I couldn't transform, which is making things difficult.

"It's. Is that Tara?" Zack asked.

There was a silence, in which all our heads were poised.

"Yeah that's Tara. Come on." Zack said, already moving towards the sound.

We had to stop a few times and retrace our steps before we found the source of the screaming, Tara was practically staked to a giant metal pole, screaming her head off. There was a wound in her side.

"Tara!" Nala hissed, grabbing her knife and cutting the bonds free. Tara flopped to the ground, turning and grabbing a pile of silver-green leaves.

She out them in her mouth, grimacing as she chewed.

"Are you okay?"'Josh asked, propping her up against him.

"I am now. I was poisoned but that was the antidote. We need to go, before they come!" She yelled.

I was about to ask who she was referring to, however I didn't need to.

The sticks behind me gave a loud crack.

All movie-style like, I turned my head, forcing myself not to back away.

In front of me was a bunch of... Wolfs.

But these wolfs are different, they had snake heads as claws. There tongue was a sickly giraffe blue and their eyes were red. They had no tails, and their fur was metal. With spikes. Did I mention those spikes looked pretty sharp?

Basically shoving everyone else forward, giving them a boost, Zack yelled, "Run!"