Chapter 17

My anger turned to bloodthirsty in a millisecond.

Poor monster, messing with me when I was angry. I smirked menacingly, my eyes were cold as I pulled out the dagger, lunging straight at it. The monster, a Khesta, whirled around in surprise. Screeching at me. It had a kind of squished face, yet the nose was pointed. There were huge bat-like wings growing from it's back, it had very long arms, also of as long as the winds. The arms were lanky and had sharp talons at the end. It's feet also had talons instead of nails. It stood like a human sometimes, but usually used all four of its legs.

I I humanly ran around it, stabbing it's side, the leathery skin split, oozing out green blood.

I didn't gag, I didn't hesitate as I turned into a wolf, burying my teeth into the gash again and ripping the skin, crunching on the bones and tearing it apart. With one final screech it was dead, I felt kind of sorry for it, I would,nt have been so vicious if I wasn't in a bad mood...

I returned to a human, turning the skin around my mouth to water, purifying the blood off my face. It solidified and I wiped my chin again, just to make sure.

I didn't feel as bloodthirsty, and my rage died down slightly. I looked at my dagger, the blood was cleaned off. Sliding the clean dagger back in my weapons belt I turned, entering the Lhanyia boundaries.

I needed something happy to do, an idea popped into my head. Without hesitating I ran fastly back to the castle, running downstairs into a room which was the main cafeteria. It's where we would eat once we got into a group, for now there was food lying around the cabin.

I went inside, most of the room was covered in tables and chairs, long tables. A red oak tree type of wood was used. There were eight tables in the room, and I felt like more would appear depending the situation. The envies were wooden with a royal purple cushion sitting on top. To the left of the room was the cooking area, there was a lady there working away. Cautiously I walked over, "umm excuse me... May I use the kitchen to cook something?" I asked her numbly. The lady turned around, she looked in her mid-twenties.

She was gorgeous, her hair was dark brown with streaks of a light red, sort of a redish light brown, she had big lushes curls. Her skin tone was tanned and her eyes were a hazel brown, her smile was wide and her teeth glistened. The lady wore a purple three quarter shirt and jeans.

"Yeah sure. What's the occasion?" She beamed, I couldn't help smiling back. "Well it's Matilda's birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make her a cake..." I murmured, "oh of coarse sweetie! You can call me Hazel. I was named that after my eyes."

"Thank you Hazel" I said, continuously smiling. She had this affect of a soft sundae ice cream, she was very happy and... She made you feel like smiling.

I walked in the kitchen, already getting to work, Hazel occasionally helping me.

"It's done! I think Mat will love it!" She smiled.

"Mat?" I asked quizzically.

"Matilda, sometimes I call her Mat... We are in the same group, really good friends." She added. I nodded, "yeah. So her birthday is tomorrow on..." I looked up, trying to remember what day it was.

"Feb 28." Hazel said to me, fixing up the frosting of the cake.

"Thank you, it's easy to lose track of time here." I muttered, seeing Hazel nod.

"Okay. You bring her here tomorrow with some of your friends, I'll invite some of our friends and then we can eat this cake!" She smiled, looking down at the masterpiece. It was a giant chocolate cake with eight layers, the bottom was the largest circle shape, and the circles got smaller and smaller until it reached the top. The frosting was a rich chocolate with extra sugar, and at the top of the cake was frosted with a light milk chocolate; Happy 19 B'day Matilda!

In big fancy italic writing. I smiled, satisfied.

In one swift movement Hazel had picked up the cake with no trouble, a fridge appearing right in front of her, without hesitation she opened the door, balancing the cake in one hand, and carefully placed it inside. The fridge sang back to the ground. Camouflaging with the white tiles.

With a wave of her fingers the kitchen was cleaned up in an instant. Hazel turned around, "well Elsa. Can't wait to serve your food!" She dazzlingly smiled, laughing. I laughed back.

"Well thank you. I'll brig everyone here at... 8?" I asked. Hazel nodded. "See you then."