Chapter 30

"I was just told to find a seer, and um... Josh is somewhere underground. And there are other people with him, although I don't know who." I said, giving them a brief update.

Matilda nodded, "yeah I know who you're talking about..." She frowned. I didn't bother questioning her.

"Where is she? Do you know?" I asked.

"Yes. She is in the town over from us." Matilda gloomily said. "Well she was..." She continued on. I frowned. "Well that is amazingly helpful. Anyone else who might know?" I asked.

"Yes. There is another person I guess we could see..." I didn't bother questioning her.

"Okay let's go." I murmured, holding the gem tightly in my hand.

"Wait. Let's do something about that." Zack pointed out. Already moving off.

He handed a golden chain necklace, Matilda laced spells into the metalwork. "You can tread the gem through it, kind of like a necklace." He smiled.

"It's gorgeous. Thank you." I replied numbly, threading the gem through the chain. It actually looked partly like a normal necklace.

I tried to tie up the chain around my neck, no luck. "Here I'll do it." He smirked. Grabbing the necklace off me and delicately securing it around my neck. I smiled thankfully.

"We best get going. And a word of advice, only very few people attract her attention enough to talk to them..." Matilda bit her lip.

"Well let's to pay a visit." Zack mumbled, already turning away and leaving the forest. I ran up to him to catch up, Matilda at our side as we left the trees and headed for the big city.

My feet bad blisters and my back was throbbing, all I wanted was to have a break on the ground. Clearly I wasn't the only one.

Walking from city to city takes a lot of effort and time, something that didn't appeal to me.

"Okay. Why don't we have a break?" Zack suggested, I was already crouched on the ground. Resting my legs.

He laughed. "what? I can't just fly over or something! Wish I cou- wait. I can!" Wow I'm stupid. His eyes lit up and Matilda looked straight at me, smiling.

My kegs and arms grew to an enormous size, my body multiplied in build and was laced by dark black scales, my teeth sharpened over and a tail grew from me, sharp spikes forming at the end.

I roared, motioning the to hop on. Why didn't we try this sooner?

With one swift leap in the air we were airborn, my kegs were tired. But I was using wings, totally different. I sped up, my body moving in a wave-like motion, Zack and Matilda were tightly holding on to me.

In half an hour we had finally reached the city, I swooped lower, diving into a forest area to conceal me. I sank slowly above the tree line and carefully dropped on the ground, my wings still expanded. They doubled over, my tail twirled up as I shifted back to human.

"I think I like that better then walking." I smirked.

Zack laughed, "yeah so do I."

We walked along the edge of the trees for a bit, I sometimes would climb or fly up, getting a view of where we were and where to go, the forest was lush and green, very tall and thick trees with vines hanging around. Many wildlife were there, I talked to some. We finally came across the city, not stopping at all we walked through. Describing the city; big. Huge! And modern. There were many buildings, and occasionally buildings that looked like sky scrapers or just hotels, there were signs, indicating where to go. People walked along the street in crowds and there were many dark alleyways with always a flicker of movement coming from within.

"She is in Federak Stream." Matilda blurted out loud. "Stream?" I asked quizzically,she nodded.

Dusk was starting to fall, the soft orange light still hung in the air, casting a curtain over the land around us as we walked into the field, few trees were around, however running through he middle of the field was a giant stream. Laces with rocks.

We walked over cautiously, I kept my hand on my swords, acting as casual as possible. "Shiloh.... Shiloh are you here?" Matilda asked the stream. The was no response. Suddenly the water churned, forming the shape of a mini whirlpool as a girl formed, her skin was light and glowing, her hair was dead straight and a very pale blonde. She opened her eyes, they were as blue as the ocean. She seemed to peer right through me.

"You called?" She asked, it was not impolite. But was a simple 'hello' to much to ask for?

"Um yes, you see I'm looking for my brother... He is-" I started to say, not really thinking.

"I know. Give me your hand." Her sweet voice sang. I neared her, feebly holding out my hand. She curled her long dainty fingers gently around, closing her eyes.

I thought she might have dozed off until she opened them. "Oh you poor soul... He- he is underground. Hidden away, there is an entrance not far from here. If you go straight north, for about an hour you will reach a giant group of rocks. To get in you will have to make a sacrifice, not like that, however it has to be something... Continue the middle path until you hear the souls of the cursed. Then turn left, make sure you do this or something will come after you!" She hastily said, her tone sharpening. I was constantly nodding.

"And then.. You poor poor girl. I see your future. Or parts of it, what can be, what might be, what will be and what won't be. But know this, you can change it. If you desire." It was hard not to flinch under her gaze, all I could do was nod.

Without a seconds hast she vanished into small water droplets, receding back to the stream.

I turned into a horse and chariot, Zack and Matilda quickly hopped in the chariot, I raced away, leaving scorch marks behind me.

Running straight north for about 10 minutes, at super speed, we reached the rocks.

I reformed back to human, going to the middle rock. There were other big grey rocks crowding around it, before I could even hurt myself the rock shattered, revealing dark stairs of foreboding. "But I was suppose to make a sacrifice..?" I turned to Matilda questioningly. She hesitated, "maybe you already have..." She frowned at me.