Chapter 41

I had a splitting headache after a few hours, probably from lack of food and I just read a whole spell book. I staggered up, Atlas was back in my wrist as I turned and grew wings, flying towards the window of my room.

"Elsa! You scared me." Tara exclaimed, holding her hand over her heart as she took in deep breaths.

Well I probably would have, a humanoid figure with wings just launched itself at your window, days after a mad attack. "Well sorry." I muttered, hearing a deep gasp in return. "Y-you can speak again!" Tara cried, holding me in a back-breaking hug.

"Yes." I muffled into her shirt, hugging her back.

She picked me up, "you're really light." She grumbled, handing me a piece of cake, I thankfully took it, stuffing my face as my stomach growled. "Yeah well I was depressed! What can you expect?" I joked, grabbing another slice of cake as I shoved it into my mouth, smiling at the delicious taste and the nurseling the flavour.

"A long time since you last had food. Right?" Tara asked me, all I did was nod.

"Anyway everyone needs to know that your oka-" Tara cut off, I looked at her, my arms were raised as I ate more cake. I almost choked when I realised what she was looking at:

My cuts.

Suddenly very self aware I hid them from view, avoiding her eyes.

"Elsa... That's not what you should do..." Tara mumbled, grabbing my arm and tracing her fingers lightly over it. I flinched, little throbs of pain shot up my arm. I pulled them away from her, awkwardly moving to the cupboard as I grabbed denim shorts and a king black T-shirt with a wolf design etched on to the fabric.

Undressing and dressing again I pulled the sleeves firmly over my marks, not wanting anyone else to worry about me. When I was done I turned to face her, Tara was wearing a frown on her face.

"I'm okay! I'm fine. I'm not su-" I stopped myself mid-sentence. I was going to say 'suicidal' however I have kind of become like that. In a way.

"Stupid. I'm not stupid." I quickly retracted myself, covering up what I was going to say.

"Well I hope not..." She muttered, before grabbing my uninjured arm and dragging me out the door. She turned a sharp left, standing right in front of Zack and Josh's room.

She knocked sharply. "Zack?" She said.

"Hmm?" Was the reply, clearly he was in no mood to talk.

"Zack open up. I have Elsa here..." Tara compromised. The was silence, before a loud scuffling and approaching footsteps. In two seconds flat the door was open, revealing a bedraggled looking Zack.

"Elsa!" He exclaimed, huddling me in a comforting hug. I hugged back, "hello Zack. L-"

"You can speak again?" He stated, pulling me in closer. I muffled a 'yes' into his shirt, smelling his scent. It was strangely reassuring...

"Anyway I'll leave you two alone. I'll be-" Tara started.

"With me. Let's go practice our powers Tara." Was a burly voice.

"No sorry Erin. You're not my friend." She huffed, there was a boy standing right behind her. He wasn't exactly handsome... Not bad. Just not overly gorgeous.

Erin scowled, feasting his eyes on me. I flinched, "well well Tara. You never told me you had a pretty little friend." He smiled, coming closer. I stood up defiantly, even though he was over a head taller then I was.

"Leave her alone." Came two growls, I could identify them both. Zack and Josh. It was scary how much they were in sync together...

Smirking, the boy, Erin left. Well that was easy.

"Oh Josh. Hello." Tara smiled at him, he smiled back, then smiled at us all. Resting his eyes on me, "excuse me, my sister, my hugs." He attempted to sternly say, although his 'scowl' was ruined by his shining smirk.

Zack raised his hands up in defeat, letting me go as I was then passed to Josh, like a little play-toy. "You feeling okay?" He asked me, whispering in my ear.

"Yes I'm fine." I said. My voice took him by surprise, all he did was hug me tighter, before letting me go. I placed my left hand on his shoulder comfortingly, my sleeve falling slightly. Zacks eyes flashed like a hawks.

"Elsa. We need to talk." He murmured sternly, grabbing my hand and leading me to the door. I blushed, suddenly feeling anger as I heard a voice near me. "Zack can I come?" Sophie cooed out to him, twirling her hair flirtatiously. "No. I don't like you. Go away. Find a boyfriend or something." He murmured, pulling me closer to him. I was surprised by his words. He gripped my hand tighter as he led me out the door.