Chapter 40

I felt a great weight lift from my shoulders as I padded down fine the hall, my energy was subsiding and with that, so was my pain. Making me feel as light as an angel... Or ghost. Most of the destruction was gone. Just a few imprints remained.
I sat down at a table, instantly greeted by a solemn Hazel, "hello Elsa... Wh-what can. What do you want?" She said, her eyes were weighed down by grief and partly red, glazed over by tears, her voice was monotoned yet raspy and her cheeks were damp.
I motioned for a Hot Chocolate.
All she did was nod briefly before turning away. "She's had a rough time, she has." A voice greeted me. It was low and burly, I turned around to see a man there, he was a bit older then Hazel, and he was drinking whiskey. "Lost a sister, she did." The man said yet again, turning to me. "Ah. You must be Elsa. My name is Max. Heard all about you. Shock should go away soon. And sorry for your loss." He added directly, all I did was nod. Clearly he knew I couldn't speak, I tried. But couldn't find the motivation.
I attempted once more, making a squeak before my hot chocolate was brought to me, I stood up, hugging Hazel tightly, all she did was grab my dress, sobbing into my shoulder faintly. I reassuringly stroked her back, hushing her down. Placing her on the seat next to me, I drank my hot chocolate. There was nothing I could really do to fix her broken heart, all I could do was be there.
I raised my arm that was holding the hot chocolate, the sleeve slipped down slightly as I took a sip.
"Elsa. What have you done?!" Hazel hissed at me, I flinched when I saw she was pointing directly at my injured wrist. Which had 18 long slanted red lines across. I bit my lips as I crossed my arms over my chest, hiding the cuts from view. I placed the hot chocolate down, nodding respectfully to Hazel and a shock-looking Max as I left the room, heading back up the hall.
Deciding I wanted to change my destination, I took a sharp turn, heading out of the door of Lhanyia.

I stopped and lay on the grass, freezing it over and then unfreezing it. Adding some art to it as I created snowflakes to fall around me, "you can show yourself, 'book of knowledge'... Aka Atlas." I smiled at my wrist as the book appeared in front of me, I ignored the pang in my heart as it spoke to me, "figured out the little riddle did we? How?" She asked me.
"I saw a slip, the envelope that I sent to you before. That's what gave it away." I said out loud, finally getting over my shock. I gave off the ghost of a smile, finally getting down the basics of the riddle.
"You see;
Go to the forbidden land to find the item, magic yet made from your blood. Well the forbidden land was Endors lair, and the item is the thing Josh was talking about.
Go to the training to find the book, filling you with knowledge of everything. That's you, you're the book of knowledge that's as nameless.
Go to the shimmering forest to find the gem, shrouded in an angels blue light that will reveal the key. Well I have the gem, and the swords. Not really sure about the key.
Go to the Room Of Mysteries, where you will find a weapon, use it to destroy Endor. Well that I'm not sure about. The weapon could be anything, I'm not sure what the key it and I don't know what the Room Of Mysteries is either..." I finished off, reviewing the Poem thing.
"Well yes, I'm not too sure about some of that stuff either." Atlas finally said.
"And I know what I sacrificed. To enter Endors domain I had to make a sacrifice, which I already did by coming there." I stopped, not wanting to say that she was the sacrifice I made.
"Well... I guess I'll just have to make it up to you. I could teach you how to wield my spells, if you want..." Atlas said, just like my mother.
"Yeah. That would be fantastic." I mumbled, already opening the book and scanning the pages as I recited the charms.