Chapter 62

The whole ride I was on the lookout. Not many people noticed me, but I wasn't complaining.

"Last stop. Alda." Came the voice through the train, I got up un-suspiciously, and huddled to the door. Flying out of it as soon as it opened.

My backpack weighed me down slightly, since I stuffed everything into it.

I strolled through quickly, my eyes like hawks as I glanced at everyone, trying to see anything suspicious.

The metal detectors went off, "hey yo- Dave... False alarm..." The security officer said, hid eyes glazing over as he turned his attention off me.

Honestly, the illusion creeped me out.

I practically ran through the metro station, constantly bumbling into people which scared me, since they went all monotoned zombie-like.

I was careful not to touch anyone for too long, in case I hurt them. I stepped quickly on the grass, feeling ashamed every time it withered and died around me.

"Miss can I help you?" A little voice asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"What? Hey. I know you." I exclaimed, turning a round and feasting my eyes on the little girl.

"Or do you?" She said softly, the ghost of a smile was placed across her face.

Before I could react she lunged at me, with horror I realised her nails had grown to long claws, her eyes glazed over and turned a bright red, blaring like a traffic light. Her teeth were long and sharp needle-like things.

"W-what are you?!" I screeched, the thing faltered.

"Well it depends in what context you're talking about. To some, I could be considered as a vampire, although you'd be lucky if I was like that." She hissed maliciously at me.

I faltered, getting angry.

"Why can't you go away and leave me alone?" I screeched at her, a blazing sandstorm surrounded us, blocking out the sun.

"What are you doing?!" She asked me, her posture slackened as she was dumbfounded by the storm around us.

"It's- I. I don't." I stopped, I wasn't doing anything.

"Stop it." She said to me, her eyes were pleading as her body slowly dissolved to ash before my eyes, joining the whirlwind of the storm.

I gasped, struggling backwards, a clump of the sand fell into my palm.

No. Not sand.

Ash.

It was an ash storm. An ash storm of the dead.

Stuttering I got up, using a patch of grass to support me, I watched it either, exploding to ash as it too, joined the storm.

"S-stop!" I murmured.

The ash merely flickered, not listening to me.

"I-I can't. I couldn't. Leave me alone!" I hissed, bursting through the wall of sand, sending the whole thing toppling down.

No one noticed anything different, they turned away from what I'd created.

I clutched my hands closer to me as I ran, I ran through the city streets and didn't once stop, no matter how much I wanted to.