Chapter 19

"Thank you so much for making my birthday a special one." Matilda announced as I sat down, "no problem. And hazel helped a lot." I added, looking at Hazel who was carrying the cake over. She placed it carefully on a giant round table, red oak... It had just all read as we walked in.

"Anyway hap-" Hazel was interrupted as the door opened and a group of people filed in.

A small group, many people must have been Hazel and Matilda's friends. And then there were... Tara, Sophie, Josh and Zack. I didn't refuse my anger, I stood up abruptly, glaring at Sophie, "what are you doing here! You don't even know Matilda." I glared at her, "well I came because Zack came." She inched closer to him. I kept my eyes on her and didn't even look at Zack, not completely. "He shouldn't be here either." I spat out, surprised my voice didn't waver. I could partly see the blur of his body flinch at the coldness in my voice. The corner of my mouth turned up slightly.

"Now now. I don't mind. The more the merrier!" Matilda remarked, already cutting the cake in slices.

"You made that, Elsa?!" Zack remarked, gawking at the cake. "Hmph!" I squeaked, turning away from him and sitting down again.

I refuse to look at him. That can be my new aim. Plus I would just be sad that he is so close with Sophie. I'm too protective of him! He's my... Friend.

I thought despairingly.

"Well. Everyone sit down." Matilda said, still concentrating on the cake.

Zack sat down almost opposite of me, slightly to the side. I shifted in the opposite direction. Sophie followed and sat down next to him, inching closer and closer. I gagged, hiding it with a retarded cough.

Sophie scoffed and Josh awkwardly sat down next to Tara, who was sitting on the right side of Matilda.

**Everything okay with you an-**

**i don't want to talk about it Josh.** I grumpily said, closing my eyes and frowning.

I opened one eye, peering through it, seeing Josh looking at me worryingly.

**I'm fine. I just... Don't exactly like Sophie** he nodded slowly.

Yes. That was a reason. A reason.

"You two are doing it again. That Twin thing." Zack remarked, I resisted the urge to set him on fire. Instead I tilted my head away from him. Matilda broke the awkwardness.

"Here you go Elsa!" She smiled, handing me a big piece of chocolate cake. My eyes lit up and I grinned a huge grin, first time I had properly smiled today.

"Oh thank you! Sorry. I'm addicted to chocolate..." I mumbled, waiting for everyone else to get server.

"...happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Matilda. Happy birthday to you. Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!" Everyone sang, many joining in after the first one or two words. There was applause.

"Dig in everybody!" Hazel cheered.

"Don't mind if I do!" I accidentally blurted out loud, many people laughed. I flushed slightly, grabbing a fork and breaking off a chunk of the cake, equally dipping it in the chocolate cake. I ate the first piece. Yummy!

I beamed! "Well someone loves chocolate." Tara stated. I shrugged, "I'm addicted. Always have been." I murmured, shoving another piece in my mouth. "Well I know how to cheer you up from now on." She evilly said, I smirked, "if you do, I'll thank you." I out yet another piece in my mouth.

Before I knew it my slice was gone, I frowned at the empty plate. "do you want more?" Hazel asked, I brightened, nodding immediately. She laughed, grabbing my plate and placing another delicately coated cake piece from heaven on.

I licked my lips. "Thank you!" I said, before yet again digging in.

I sighed, now I'm full! I wanted to be able to stuff my face with this cake.

Josh smiled, "I know what you're thinking, but you can't eat all of it!"

"I can if I tried! And had some time..." I mumbled, frowning slightly.

"You see I would watch my weight. Before you know it you'll be fat and ugly...er!" Sophie scoffed at me, I turned to her, my gaze was ferocious. She flinched, "you see that's the difference between me and you. No one cares about your opinion for one. However I can eat a lot without getting overly fat, you can't. Because you don't have muscle. Because you're a stupid teen gossip girl. Because you're a sl-"

"Language Elsa." Tara warned, however she too, was grinning slightly. I stopped, raising my eyebrows before backing off, pleased to see that Sophie was shocked and offended. I didn't know what expression Zack had, I wasn't focused on him. I cleaned up my plate, thanked Hazel and said another happy birthday to Matilda before I left the room, eager to get away from Zack and Sophie.

I walked past the door, not once looking back.