Chapter 66

When I was fully clothed, I sighed.

It was nice to feel clean again.

I hung my towel up before walking out the room, the was a note left on the door,

'Going back to apprenticeship.

Think you should apologise (not to Sam. Hint hint)

Have a nice time. I'll be back late tonight.

-Tara'

I placed the note on the desk absent mindedly, heading put the door.

I turned, walking a few stops down, hanging out at a door I knew well.

I knocked quietly on the door, no answer.

Shrugging, I slipped through, sitting on the bottom bed as I grabbed a book and started reading.

I was starting to get hooked on the book, the cover was a shade of blue, it was called 'spells for the wicked' which was weird, since there was a storyline in the spells... Kind of like a teen fiction.

I heard the door open, a cloud of steam was set out, Zack came out the door, closing it behind him. He had a towel loosely hung around his waist, his spiky hair was dripping wet and clinging to his face, covering his eyes.

He looked up at me, pain shone throughout them.

Silently he got dressed, denim jeans and a T-shirt. Black.

"I'm sorry." I started, putting the book back in the shelf.

"Oh I don't see why you would be. After all you did just abandon your boyfriend, hit him, run away and not let him help you. It was nothing. I assure you." He coldly stated, avoiding my gaze.

I blinked back tears, "I understand. I understand you're upset. And I am sorry I didn't tell you. But I was scared, and I didn't want to hurt you. Also you're not my boyfriend." I added, which made him flinch.

"N-no I didn't mean it like... Like that." I mumbled, he looked at me.

"Well I will be your boyfriend, Elsa do you want to go out with me?" He asked, showing the ghost of a smile.

I smiled, nodding and coming close to him as I wrapped myself around him, the clothes protecting him from me.

"I'm sorry" I muffled through his shirt, he stroked my back.

"I understand." He numbly said, his voice was soft and caring. But that didn't help.

I pulled away from him just as quick, "I-I can't. I might hurt you." I said, fastening the gloves firmer over my hands.

"It'll be fine. We can fix it." He sounded upbeat.

"I- I think I know how..." I started, remembering the raspy voice.

He smiled, entwining my glove-laced fingers through his.

Together, side by side, we walked, I led him through the room, constantly pushing back the death that was struggling to overturn me.

"I need to find Josh." I said to him.

"He is in the forge. Upstairs." Zack quickly said, changing our direction as he led me up the marble spiral staircase.