Chapter 36

"Mum!" I screeched, my voice was inhuman, and scratchy as I staggered to the limp body on the floor.

I grabbed and huddled my mother in my chest, rocking back and forward like she use to do. "Mum I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I sobbed, my cheeks were bathed in tears and my heart was throbbing. The blood was roaring in my ears and nothing else mattered to me other then my mother.

"It's all my fault. It's all my fault!" I told myself over and over, it made me feel worse because it was true. And that was the worst part.

I leaned down, checking the pulse of my mother as my hair fell over my eyes, covering the unshed tears that were continuously forming.

She was alive, but only just.

"Elsa. Be a good girl. Take care of Josh. I love you both. Goodbye Elsa. I will forever watch over you." She promised, looking up at me. She breathed in, and then her body shuddered, taking he light from her eyes as well.

"No. No no no no no! No stay with me! Stay with me. Y-you're okay. Y-you ca-can't leave me!" I sobbed even harder, my wails echoed around the battle fighting room. My cheeks were bathed in tears and my whole body was trembling, I hugged my mother even tighter, remembering the good times; she pushed me on a swing set, a grin was spread across my face as I playfully yelled, "higher. Higher mummy!"

She was smiling too, her fingers were delicate as they stroked my back.

I stopped, the pain was too much.

I gazed into her dull eyes, one tear fell and streaks slowly down her cheek, making a tiny puddle on the floor. My sorrow was filled with anger, everyone must die.

I screamed, flames erupted from my skin, forming javelins and shooting out in random places. Setting clothes on fire, carpets, paintings and monsters. I didn't care, I could die painfully and I wouldn't care. All I wanted was my mother back.

A golden wisp radiated from her body, swiftly regaining with Atlas, who had appeared from nowhere. Atlas gave off a faint shimmering light, before returning to my bracelet. It was no use. If the wielded was dead then so was the object.

My lips trembled as more tears fell from my eyes, like a never ending river of pain. That was when my powers went completely berserk, tornadoes swept through the corridors, shadows engulfed monsters and humans alike, water flowed across the roof and fire was burning.

"Elsa stop!" Someone said to me, I bit my lip as I imagined what my mother would say. I stooped, all my energy had been drained, I would gladly have taken death at that moment, but that's not how the world works. Those two words were the thing that broke me. A last scream forced itself from me as I sank into darkness.