Chapter 38

"Elsa... Elsa. Elsa come on..." A sweet voice said through my head. I opened my eyes, I was still on the rock, there wasn't a soul in sight. As I identified the voice I collapsed in tears, "mo-mother!" I sobbed out loud, my heart felt like it was being punctured all over again.

I opened my eyes, my vision was blurred in tears, however there was a golden light radiating from... My bracelet.

"Mother?" I said yet again, surprised that I could speak out loud. "Yes Elsa. I'm sorry I left you, however I have you something, the only thing I had left. My love for you. I have locked it up with Atlas, now I can guide you when you need me." The voice was soothing. Of coarse that only made my cheeks damper, I didn't want to speak in fear of me screaming. I wiped my eyes hastily, "don't cry Elsa. I died to save you, and now I am partly cheating death." My mother said, I rubbed my eyes a few more times, slapping my face. "How come I can speak now? I tried before and I couldn't. And my voice isn't shaking... How come?" I asked the bracelet.

"There is a charm on you, it'll wear off in a while, since I am still getting use to living inside a bracelet. And you will be able to speak again when you stop blaming yourself. Elsa. My death wasn't your fault. It was my own depiction, I have devoted my life to you and Josh. If I didn't have you then I would have killed myself, but then I was blessed. How could someone like me? Wife of the biggest demon, ever have deserved something as precious as you...?" Atlas said, half to herself. I wouldn't consider her Esmerelda, I would call her Atlas.

"I just wish I was enough. To deserve you." I mumbled to the bracelet. There was a hesitation.

"Every time I looked at you, I felt proud. And now it is my duty to assist you, as I have promised. Now stop crying. It's not your fault. I love you." Came the reply. I chocked back tears.

"Okay I won't c-" I tried to say, but I was cut off again. My body went back into shock, and it felt as if I was in a daze again.

I steadily got up, my wrists were stained with blood as I hobbled back to Lhanyia.

I crashed on my bed, in my room, I didn't feel hungry. I didn't feel anything. The slow drip of my blood crashing onto the floor was the only sound in the room. I lay down on my back, and faced the ceiling, closing my eyes as tears silently whirled up in them, crashing down in rhythm with my blood. I couldn't get her death out of my mind, hot tears of emotion, or what was left, started to bathe my cheeks. Cleansing them from whatever happiness they had savoured.

It was my fault. Everything. Everything is because of a stupid human girl that isn't worth anything, that isn't worth kindness, that isn't worth happiness.

That isn't worth love.

And the sad part about it was that it was true.

Days had passed, and yet I still hadn't moved from my spot. My arms and kegs were bony, and my whole body tingled with numbness.

"Elsa you need to get up sometime." Tina huffed at me, attempting to drag me out of bed. I refused to move.

She sighed, "Elsa. You need to at least get up this afternoon, it's her funeral..." Tara quietly whispered. Okay. Now that made me feel something; pain. As always, the slow dull of pain throbbed through my bones, and the grief was the only thing keeping me alive.

"Do you want to eat?" Tina asked me, holding out a delicious plate of food. I didn't look at her. I couldn't. I couldn't even move.

"Listen. Josh is taking this better then you, but you're dragging his feelings down, making it harder for him. Just... Consider how your actions are affecting everyone else..." Tina said to me hurtfully, that was her plan. To make me angry enough to snap back. All it did was make me feel guiltier. Sighing Yet again she left me alone with my thoughts.

Somehow I managed to find the energy, and life, to haul myself out of bed and stagger to the cupboards. I looked inside and pulled out a black laced dress, I placed it on the bed and took a shower, thoroughly washing my hair. By the time I was finished mauling over the existence of life and why it was created, I stepped out of the shower, reaching for the blow dryer. I got zapped, I didn't care. Yes. It was painful, but the pain wasn't as strong.

I grabbed it again, ignoring the constant zaps it gave me as I dried my hair, combing it through.

As soon as I had the dress on I looked in the mirror. I would've been happy about how much it suited me, but that thought was the worst.