Chapter 52

I sat up, my head still groggy from last night.

I knew that I couldn't stay here for much longer, my power would attract monsters. Or even demons.

Right now I think I would prefer to fight rather then face Zack. Or a gossip school. Why do I always runaway when I'm upset?!

"Because your a wimp." I firmly said out loud to myself.

My powers were clouded in emotion, eventually giving me small butterfly wings made out of frogs legs. "Are you- oh for gods sakes, who cares?!" I yelled at myself, my blood was boiling with anger, slowly turning to frustration.

I bounded off the side of the building, using the momentum to glide upwards and propel myself forward, soaring into the sky.

Within hardly any time I could see the castle in the distance, I could easily turn away and never come back, but Josh would kill me!

Sighing, I sped up my pace. Eventually landing on the oval, where a figure stood in front of me.

Sam.

"How are you feeling?" Sam asked hesitantly.

"Fine." I said. He nodded. That's the thing I liked about Sam, he didn't ask questions when they weren't needed.

"Well you seem angry. Might as well kill something." He curtly said, his eyes glazing over as he stiffened.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Well David is in the infirmary. Checking on you... 'Friend' or 'brother' or whatever." He hissed.

"And he would need to do that, because...?" I coaxed him. There was something Sam wasn't revealing.

"... Well... You did break his jaw. And then after he hurt you I kicked him and then David punched him again and Hazel had to stop us. So David went to go get answers, and maybe apologise. But he was trying to get Zack to apologise to you. Except we didn't know where you were, so I've been waiting out here." Sam briefly summarised. I stopped.

"You did that for me?" I asked him. All he did was nod.

"That's kind. But I should probably apologis-"

"No. He hurt you. Well you punched him, but it wasn't your fault. It was that kids fault." He sneered.

I was silent at his consideration of my feelings.

"I don't want to see him." I muttered, turning away.

"You're going to have to. Hazel told me to bring you to him." He sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Better not get in the way of Hazel then..." I muttered, already heading up for the infirmary as my frog-wings retracted.

"Hi." I said curtly to the beats up Zack.

He barely flashed me a glance.

The curtains shut behind me, I was alone. With Zack.

Brilliant!

I pulled a chair over to me, sitting down far away from him. He wasn't exactly in a great mood to talk to me either.

After minutes of awkwardly staring at my shoes he said, "Josh was in here before. I swear he was going to beat me up, until he realised that was already done." Zack snarled.

"Okay then." I scoffed. Not really caring about him at the moment. If he was oblivious to my feelings, then I would be oblivious to his.

"He was wondering where you were." Zack continued on.

"Whatever. I was asleep anyway." I muttered. My tone was harsh.

Zacks Squinted his eyes at me.

"Well I was here. After you hit me." He slowly said

"Trying to make me feel guilty?" I spat. Ignoring the pang in my heart.

"Trying to make you understand that I don't know what I did to annoy you...?" He asked questioningly. I hesitated.

"What haven't you done to annoy me?" I asked softly, as if it was a question to myself.

"Well let me think. I don't bash you up when you're confused. I don't ignore you. I don't get angry at you and pretend like I'll never talk to you again. I don't hurt your feelings!" He started to raise his voice.

"Clearly you do hurt my feelings! A lot, in fact. If you care to notice." I started raising my voice.

"Well I don't mean to!" He yelled.

I scoffed. "Yeah right." I muttered to myself.

Zack took a couple of deep breaths before regaining his light tone.

"Look, I don't know the reason why you were annoyed. You didn't give me any hints about it. I did nothing that was harsh to you. Ever!" He said.

"Yes you did. You just don't know." I muttered, memories of him coming back; everything he did to hurt me. Dating Sophie, getting angry at me, setting me up as if he liked me and then just left me hanging, hanging around other girls a lot. And finally, those harsh words at night, completely ignoring my feelings that I had for him.

"Y-you don't know what it's like, watching someone you love fall in love with somebody else. Somebody that's not you. And you try your best, and you hint for it, and they never notice. They completely ignore your feelings. And their harsh. And you try to get over them, maybe like someone else-" I started, my voice cracking as I gave him a massive hint.

"So I was the distraction?!" He asked. His voice was as sharp as a blade, and it felt like I had been impaled by one as well.

"Y-you don't. Understand anything! You don't know anything about how I feel! And that's why I'm annoyed." I spat at him, tears gaining in my eyes.

He looked at me sympathetically, I thought he was going to hug me.

"No! No. I-I don't want your pity! I'm not weak. I'm not weak..." I muttered, desperately trying to stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. That just made it worse.

"I-I'm not trying to hurt you Elsa..." He said. His voice full of pity.

"Stop it. Stop it, STOP IT!!!" I screamed at him, my hair turning to flames.

The curtains shifted open and my hair returned to normal, Sam was at the door, "Elsa. What- what did he do to you?!" He hissed, pulling out his blade.

"No!" I shrieked. Lunging myself at him, all he did was gather me in his arms, protecting me from everything else.

"Elsa it's okay. I'm here now..." He coaxed, pushing me away. I caught one glimpse of Zach as I left, he was wearing a large scowl, his eyes burned with cold hatred as he glared at Sam.

Then the curtains were closed.