Chapter 90

Someone had obviously cleaned up, as the castle was looking good as new. I had walked back up to the infirmary, leaving Hazel anxiously waiting outside the door of Max, attempting not to cry, but instead practically chewing her fingers off.

I sat outside, greeted by an awoken Tara who had tears pouring down her face, she silently went out of the door, I followed her into the hallway where she stopped in front of some glass jars.

In an instant she grabbed them, smashing them on the ground and then started to violently kick and punch the wall, going all-out hulk.

I made no attempt to stop her, I knew she had to get the pain out of her system.

A few minutes of thrashing and screaming she collapsed to the ground, the glass shards disappeared.

Tara covered her face with her hands and sobbed into them, repeating Matilda's name and constantly saying it wasn't fair.

In a split second she rubbed her eyes furiously, regaining her quiet composure before bowing to me politely and saying, "There are patients I need to attend to." Before hurrying back into the infirmary.

I turned and walked to my room, having a shower and cleaning myself up. Dressing in right jeans and a black top with a wolf print on the front, leaving and dawdling around the place, wasting time.

The funerals began in the afternoon, many people attended, already there were cries and wails as people recognised the faces of their loved ones. Consisting of family and friends.

The funeral person spoke up, saying a few words of grief before bowing down.

I approached the stand, gazing down at the audience in front of me, restraining my voice not to crack I raised my volume, "Everyone here was a hero. A hero. They died for a noble cause, I know there are many people grieving, and I know the hardships that follow. But this is the time to be strong, my friends, we need to rise, the past has happened and it can't be changed. Not now, not ever. This is the hardest test of them all, but we can push through, together. I will organise teams, cleaning up, helping out, we will continue this until everyone is back in top shape as everything returned back to normal." I said, to my surprise there was cheering, even some smiles as I walked down.

The dead were buried in a respectful manor.

The rolls continued and in only a few weeks everything was back to normal, or as normal as it could've been.

Max was okay.

Hazel was okay.

Josh and Tara were okay and together.

And Zack was okay...

I smiled as I attended to my regular schedule: helping the new arrivals learning how to fight. I was a training instructor, right by Mikes side.

Tara had become the head nurse of the Infirmary, and was doing amazingly.

Josh was forging items and weapons and Zack was doing part-time instructor.

So far everything was going amazingly.