Chapter 70

The cold substance pierced my throat, I immediately dropped the glass, the pieces shot to the floor. The blood was roaring in my ears, my heart was pounding, "Elsa!" Zack said, trying to come closer. But he couldn't, there was a magical force around me, pushing him away. I attempted to reach my hand out to him, to tell him it would be okay. But it wouldn't.

I coughed, blood splattered the invisible wall in front of me, more violet blood strewn into my mouth, forming at the corner of my lips and slowly dripping down my chin. My throat felt like it was on fire.

My eyes were filled with tears, I could feel my essence draining.

I turned my head towards Zack.

"I love you."

I manage to whisper, before I collapsed to the ground, my eyelids shutting and my body shook once more.

My last thought before I sank into the darkness:

I'm dying.

I vividly looked over the scene, there was a coffin in the middle of the area, solemn faces were gathered.

"Elsa Darknight was a hero among heroes, she died with great honour and she swill always be in our hearts" Josh managed to say, tears streaking down his face.

He bowed his head, his lip quivering as he stood beside Tara, puffy eyed and gaunt.

Zack stumbled up to the stage, his cheeks were damp with tears and dark circles hung under his eyes.

"E-Elsa and I... We had a brief moment together. Every time I was with her, I was happy. I now know that I will never face that

I awoke with a shudder, taking a gasp as breath filled my lungs.

I still had a metallic taste in my mouth, my eyes opened, taking a few seconds to readjust.

"Well he sleeping beauty awakes." Zacks sweet voice mumbled to me.

I smiled at him, "well you got the sleeping part right."

"And the beauty. Since you're beautiful." He smiled at me, kissing me gently.

I kissed him back, pulling away as I heard someone clear there throat.

I gazed at Josh, who was eyeing Zack wearily.

"We were just... Hugging." I made up stupidly, praying that my face wasn't as red as it felt.

"With your lips?" Josh asked.

Zack cast a glance at me, his cheeks were flushed and aww. He is so cute when he is awkward!

Awkwardly, Zack stumbled up, walking through the curtain of the infirmary.

Josh sat down, taking Zacks place.

"I was really worried you know. We hardly hang out anymore. It's like we are... Drifting apart." He sighed, ruffling his hair.

"Just so you know, you'll always be my favourite guy." I smiled at him.

"More then Zack?" He asked. I nodded.

He smirked, "more then Mister Fluffkins?"

I laughed, Mister Fluffkins use to be my favourite toy teddy bear.

"No! Mister Fluffkins is my favourite." I joked.

He looked mock-offended.

"Joking." I whispered, he grasped my hand.

"Can you...? Powers?" He motioned to me.

I hesitated, I didn't want to cause a scene in the infirmary.

My fingernails grew into talons, slowly turning to ash.

"Uh... Um...!" I whimpered.

Josh just frowned at me, "it's okay. Now. Make them blue steel" he said calmly.

I focused on a sea blue, the ash tinged with colour, suddenly folding over to a steel.

I sighed with relief, "thank god." I said, sprouting a lovely fluffy fox tail, my favourite.

I wrapped it around Josh and I.

My hand stroked my tail automatically. The smoothness was welcoming, "my whittle bittle fox tail missed me?" I babied, the tip of the fur flicked.

Josh sighed, his breath evening out. I could tell he was asleep.

"Goodnight my soldier." I said to him, pulling back his hair and kissing his forehead.