Chapter 88

When I finally woke up it must have been the dead of night, the grounds we recovered in moonlight as the full moon blazed overhead, no clouds to interrupt the light it gave off.

My head was swimming with dizziness and my whole front was soaked in blood, which did not help. My body was sagged with exhaustion and I wanted nothing more then to curl up and die.

But a booming voice broke my thoughts, it was the chant of the army "we will win. We will win. We will win." Over and over again. Something must have snapped inside of me, because let me tell you, I can hold a grudge for years.

Out of sheer frustration I pulled my swords out, stealthily advancing towards the body of Endor, which had shrunk to a person my size.

I would like to say that we had a giant battle to the death, crushing over buildings and stuff, however that wasn't the case. Not this time.

This time I was an assassin.

Not a warrior.

I crept up behind him and stabbed him right through the heart, pulling upwards and severing his head from his body, and constantly cursing him.

It was too easy, of coarse it was.

There was a grave-silence followed at what I had done. Then some giggles, the demons bursting out into an ear splitting laughter.

I eyed them all, something really was not right.

Before I could react, I was hurtled forward by something.

A hand, a giant powerful burning hand.

It could only have been Endors.

I swiftly turned, regaining my balance as I turned and faced the real Endor in front of me. I glanced at the other thing, it definitely was not Endor. It was a clone.

A distraction.

I attempted to stab him, he merely smiled. But there was a flicker of something in his eyes.... Fear? Doubt?

"I can see you've been in that room... And bathed..." He growled to himself.

"Yeah, now I'm ready to kill you. Just like a weapon." I replied, smirking maniacally.

I realised it wasn't the weapon he expected. I was the weapon.

Not my swords, but legit myself.

And that was the worst weapon of all.

I lunged after him, skidding to the side and trying to hit him upside the head. Wherever I cut him, he would not heal. Not for a long time anyway.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of letting my guard down, even for a split second.

He threw me metres away, grabbing a ball of molten and throwing it at me.

Everything else happened in a blur, there was a. Flash of light, then a shadow passed over my face. Endor had let his guard down, I seized the moment to plunge my sword deep into him, furiously slashing him apart continuously until there was no more but a pile of shredded paper flowing about in the wind.

Personally I thought it would've been something a bit more... Dramatic. Like all those epic battles you hear about. But they aren't true, there are split second decisions you have to make. Not all of them are heroic, not all of them are the best. Not all of them is what you'd expect it to be.

I was in one of those situations now.

What I did in that short time didn't seem heroic, didn't seem right.

But it was done.

I turned around, the armies around me started screaming in agony, their life force draining as each of them burst into flames, carpeting the ground in ash.

I turned around, my adrenalin subsiding a bit, replaced by an excruciating pain as I saw what was on the ground.

Someone had jumped in front of me, taking that power.

Someone was laying on the ground, a giant burn mark spreading through them as they yelled out bloodcurdling screams of agony.

And not just anyone.

It was Zack.