Chapter 8

Chapter 8

N- "Long story,"

B- "I've got time."

He took a deep breath, "I need to tell you in person."

B- "you need to tell me in person that you're cheating on me!?"

N- "I'm not cheating on you Bridget, I promise. It's just really complicated and I don't want to ruin the rest of your weekend with Taylor!"

B- "well it already is so just tell me Niall!"

He paused for a while "Niall if you're sleeping with someone else, fine. Just don't have me sitting here guessing."

N- "Bridget, a detective is here. They opened up your father's murder again, she came over to tell you but since you weren't home, I sat down with her. I told her I was going to the bathroom and to answer my phone if there was a call. So she did."

I sat in silence; they ruled my father's death as a murder but came to dead ends after two months of work. "opened it? What do you mean opened it back up? Like- like they have a lead?"

N- "yep"

B- "who?" The line with silent again,

B- "NIALL WHO?"

N- "...your birth mother."

The phone fell from my hands, I heard Niall on the other line "Bridget? Bridget?"

Taylor came in, "well Harry was mad but we talked it out. Woah, you okay?" she stopped and looked at me; I was shaking and my color drained from face, "i-I'm okay, yeah, i-I'm good. I'm going to shower. Yeah that's what I'm going to do."

I walked up to my room, and turned on the shower. I walked to my room to grab my clothes when a sudden rush of anger came over me, I picked up my lamp and through it at the wall and let out a scream. Taylor came running over put ran into the door because I locked it. "Bridget open up!"

I kept screaming and throwing things, "Bridget open this door up right now!" I kept ignoring her, I was mad; "I KNEW SHE WAS A HORRIBLE PERSON! I KNEW IT, SHE'S SUCH A BITCH. I HATE HER!"

"Bridget who...?" she was still yelling on the other side of the door, I walked over and opened it up. She looked behind my shoulder seeing the mess I made, "what happened Bridg,"

"they opened the case up, my mom. She's now a suspect, that bitch killed my father!"

"oh Bridg, come here..." she held her arms out and I ran into them, crying. "shhh it's okay, it's okay." She stroked my hair while I sat there for a moment. I pulled her away, looking down. "I am going to shower now," she pulled me back in and held my face "it will be okay. You know that right?" I nodded and walked into the bathroom.

I took a long shower and got ready for the game, I wore Niall's sweatshirt and jeans. I know Niall couldn't hold me so I felt more comfortable in it. "you ready shooter?" she giggles, she would call me shooter during the basketball season because it was the only thing she knew about basketball, and it just stuck. I gave her a small smile and nodded, "Niall called me, he said your phone didn't work and he was worried," I laughed "yeah... it's broken..."

She chuckled, "yeah I know, he's worried about you. And frankly I am too Bridg,"

"Yeah I'm good, let's go watch basketball game okay?" I smiled at her showing I was okay, and we walked out.

The game was great, I had a lot of fun and forgot everything about earlier today. Taylor actually had a fun time too now that she understood the game. We were now packing to head back home; and I was cleaning up the room I destroyed. Our flight was at six in the morning so we would be back about ten tomorrow. I was excited, but I didn't want to go back home to reality. I walked over to Taylors room and she was already in her pajamas Facetiming Harry, I walked over and got into the screen,