Chapter 36

Chapter 36

After the awkward breakfast Taylor and I went downstairs to strip me sheets off the bed, "again, I'm so sorry Bridget,"

I smirked, "mom, I said it's fine. Just don't let it happen again..." I grabbed the comforter, bringing it to the laundry room, starting up a load, Taylor brought the rest of the sheets shoving it in, "I wanted to talk to you about all too well..." I looked at her confused, "yeah...what about it?" I asked walking out the door and closing it behind me. "I want to put it out as a single...if you're okay with it."

"I would have to let Niall know... since it is about him."

She nodded, "I'll give you half the sales...?" I could tell that she was desperate for me to say okay... when I showed it to her she fell in love with it right away, she wanted me to record it, or at least sing it for her; but I couldn't mentally do it. I thought for a moment, leaning on the wall behind me. "come here..." she grabbed my arm dragging me to the studio. "no Taylor I really don't want to."

"I put music behind it, but I want you to do the piano version. Sing it Bridget." She told me, locking me into the studio and sitting behind the boards. I put the headphones on staring at her "I can't mom"

"sit at the piano." she demanded, I rolled my eyes and sat down. The sheet music was sitting there, I took a deep breath. I stared for a moment, having all the feelings flood back to me.

Flashback

"Bridget I can't keep doing this with you! Its back and forth and guy after guy flirting with you. And you just let them! I'm your boyfriend! Not him or the next guy, I am!" he was screaming at me, we had just gotten back from a bar, guys had asked for my number and paid for my drinks, me being me. I accepted them... it was a dumb move, but hey I was cheap. "How to I fucking trust you if you can't even go out of the house with guys drooling over you"

"I'm sorry Niall!! I can't stop what guys think! Please don't let this get the best of us"

"yeah but you can stop what guys do Bridg!" he slammed his hand on my dresser, "I'm fucking tired of this!" he stormed out the door, "Niall stop!" I couldn't say it quick enough, he slammed the door and spun out the driveway.

"what's going on B?" Taylor came over holding baby Audrey

It was two in the morning when my phone buzzed, "hello?"

"Bridget. We need to talk"

"Niall, its two in the morning. Can we talk when I get up?"

He sighed, "no... I'm leaving."

I jolted up from my sleeping position "what? Niall, please. Let's just talk this out."

"I'm going to be with my mum in Ireland, I can't do this anymore."

"Niall please, don't do this" I felt tears streaming down my face, "I promise I will work on it. I promise, baby please don't go, I love you."

"I have to go Bridget. I'm sorry"

"Niall, baby please" the line went dead.

"hey you called me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest" I scream/sang into the microphone, tears streaming down my face. I continued with the piano, taking a deep breath, finishing the song. "'Cause there we are again, when I loved you so, Back before you lost the one real thing you've ever known, It was rare, I was there, I remember it all too well"