Chapter 18

Chapter 18

It's been a month since I made the commitment to not have sex with Niall and it has been so difficult. Every night Niall tries in some way but before he could even touch me, I always back away. So in reality, I haven't even been touched by Niall in a month, other than kisses. Tonight was our two and a half year anniversary, he was taking me out to dinner and then we were just planning on coming home. We didn't want to do anything big because Niall said something big is going to happen on our three year so he didn't want to outdo himself this time and me not be shocked on the three year one. I had a tight red dress on with Taylor's purls around my neck, with matching earrings. I walked upstairs to see Niall in tank top and jeans "wow."

"wow....what are you wearing?"

"I told you this is a casual dinner" he smiled at me, I groaned and turned around, "where are you going?"

"I'm going to change!" I threw my hands up and walked downstairs. I put on jeans and a nice top, putting Niall's snapback on to make it look 'casual' and walked back up. "boner killer!"

"excuse me?"

"you looked so hot in that dress! Not that you don't look hot now........" he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes, "well good, I don't need you to ruin this dinner with a boner all night. Let's go" Harry laughed at our childish bickering and we walked out.

Niall opened the door for me and I got in, we drove to a niceish' restaurant. He ordered for me and I ordered for him, something we do if we're at a new place and don't know what to get. He ordered salad for me...which was good because I wasn't hungry, and I ordered steak and potatoes for him "you know me so well." I chuckled and he leaned in for a small kiss. I took a drink of my water and when I swallowed I asked "how many kids do you think you want..." he sat thinking for a moment

"I want three." I smiled at him, I loved the way he said his threes, "three?" I mocked him and he smiled. "two boys and a girl"

"Why two boys?"

"Well I want three, but I want to make sure you'll have your mini me, so I'll let you have a girl." He smiled taking a sip of his beer, "oohh so you'll let me have a girl" I smiled at him and he just nodded. "I want three too" he was about to respond but our food came out; after the waiter left we continued our conversation.

When dinner ended I picked up my purse and pulled out Niall's gift, "oh shit we're doing gifts?" he looked at me, and after he said that I put the present back in my back, "I'm kidding! I got you something too"

"you're sooo funny..."

He chuckled "I know, that's why you keep me around right?" I rolled my eyes and pulled the gift back out. "it's not that big of a deal anyway." He opened the gift and pulled out the cross chain he always wears "you rewrapped my necklace?"

I laughed "no, look at the back" I pointed at the side that was facing me, he read what it said 'I'll be, Your life, Your voice' it was the lyrics to my favorite song of theirs "Moments" and then our date on it, 12-23-11

"I love it. Thank you babe." He gave me a kiss and then pulled out a small box from his pocket, and before I reacted he stopped me "it's not what you think it is..." I laughed and grabbed the box from it. It was a ring box, and when I opened it there was a ring in it. Not an engagement ring, but just a beautiful ring that had small diamonds around it. "it's a promise ring. I know you said you are too young for marriage, so I wanted to get this to show you that I promise to always be with you, and when you're ready, a proposal will be the next step."

I blushed at his reasoning and put it on my right finger so Taylor doesn't think that we got engaged over dinner. "ready to get out of here?" he looked over at me and I nodded. He grabbed my hand and we walked out. When we got home Taylor and Harry were sitting on the couch watching T.V. Audrey was probably already in bed. It about ten, "I'm going to bed babe," I pulled from him and started to walk downstairs, "I'll come with ya... I'm tired too." I turned around to grab his hand again, "good night you two"