Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Taylor's POV

Bridget came up the stairs wearing running gear and putting her headphones in, "I'm going for a run" she put her head down and walked out the door before I could oppose.

I pulled out my phone and called Hailey, "uh hi mrs. Swift, what do I owe the pleasure."

"It's about Bridget... have you ever noticed her sleeping patterns off?"

She coughed as if she was choking on something "uhm... hmm. how do I answer this... She told me not to say anything...?" she questioned me, like i would be satisfied by the answer.

"When did it start"

She sighed, "I really shouldn't be the one to tell you this Mrs. Swift."

"Please, I'm just trying to do the best for my daughter."

"Then I advise you to sit down with her, bribe her with some of your mint chocolate chip cookies. She talks like no other once she has that in her mouth. But I will tell you. It has something to do with the move and being away from Niall and you two. I'm sorry I can't help you anymore than that."

I thanked her and hung up, sitting on the couch next to Harry, I sighed and put my head on his shoulder, "Bridget Scott. Doesn't have much of a ring to it anymore does it...?" Harry tried to lift the mood but it didn't work. I got up, walking over to the kitchen to make the cookies, hoping it would work.

A good hour until Bridget came back, "Bridg! hey I made cookies!" she stopped dead in her tracks, "they're mint chocolate chip!" she looked over at me, giving me somewhat of a smile, walking into the kitchen.

She put one in her mouth, groaning and rolling her eyes in the back of her head, "I've missed this!" she grabbed another one and I laughed

"How has everything been going. You know at college? how was the move"

"It sucks. I miss you guys so much, you can only go to so many parties until you just turn numb of pain." she went to the fridge grabbing milk and pouring it into a cup. Hailey was right, these cookies were slowly melting her to tell me the truth.

"Have you been able to talk I Niall much while he's on tour or do your schedules collide?"

She nodded, "I hardly talk to him, and it scares me because I don't think I trust him... I have no reason not to, but deep down I can't." she sat grabbing another one, "hey! did you call Hailey!?" putting the cookie back on the try, I shook my head no. "You liar! She's the only one that knows this!" She pointed at the plate in furry "I can't believe you did this to me!"

"Just let me take you to a sleep doctor Bridget! they won't put you on medication! just find out why you can't sleep!"

"It's because I have separation anxiety!" She covered her mouth as soon as she said it, knowing she didn't want me to hear it.

"....What?"

"I don't want to talk about it." She once again stormed off into her bedroom. "Separation anxiety? how do you get that...?" I knew somewhat about it, but not too much. Harry pulled out the iPad, googling it. He read the definition and at the end Niall was confused, "it's pretty much that she gets bad anxiety when people she loves and know leaves her because deep down she feels that they won't come back."

"But taylor, it says in mostly in children... and then they outgrow it within two to four months. One, Bridget is not a child and two, she's been dealing with us traveling for years. This is not her real problem" Harry explained to me as I sat next to him, "I mean it does cause nightmares but it would be about all of us leaving her. Not just Niall"

I sighed putting my hands to my face, "why would she lie to me?"

"Because you're pushing her too hard," Niall piped up and looked over at him, "approach her with feeling, watch this" he leaned over and yelled "bridg, babe, can you please come up here."

We waited for a moment, hearing her door open and walking up the stairs. He patted his lap for her to sit, which she did. she straddled him, nuzzling her face into his neck, "hi baby"

"Hi" she mumbled back into his shirt, "what do you think the cons are in this situation?" he asked her while she stroked her hair

"People will make fun of me."

"Well we don't to tell anyone, you know that right?" she nodded in response, "and the pros?"

"I'll be able to sleep again without pills..." I was mad that she was taking medication for it, I just wish she could talk to me about these things. "Do you take them often?"

She nodded once again, "how many?"

"Depends on the night..." I sighed at her response, I hated hearing all of this. "Well how about we watch a movie?" she nodded and Harry got up, putting toy story in since Audrey was awake. During the whole movie I couldn't keep my eyes off Bridget, I would just watch her. She wasn't watching the movie, she would just play with the hem of Niall's collar. She pulled from him and looked him in the eyes "I'll do it"

"You will?"

"But only one test. Nothing else, and we don't tell anyone." He agreed with her terms and she looked over at me, "can I have another cookie?" I smiled at her and nodded. Her and Niall got up and went into the kitchen; I scooted over and snuggled with Harry, having Audrey in our arms.

"Big happy family, wouldn't you say" Harry chuckled as I slapped his shoulder, "you're an ass" and smiled at him.

So this chapter is pretty short, but it's a Bridge to the next one which I'm expecting to be really long! so be ready! Let me know what you think will happen! I love hearing your predictions