Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Once we got to the funeral I met up with Harry, Taylor and Niall. I walked up and gave Niall a hug, he held me tight knowing how hard it was for me to be at a funeral; last one I was at was my dads. "you okay?" he whispered into my ear and I just nodded, "doing better."

I walked over to the podium and opened my piece of paper. I looked over at Niall and he gave me a reassuring smile, I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Thank you all for coming out today to celebrate the life of Emily Jones." I cleared my throat trying not to break. "You all came out because Emily has affected you in some way in your life, whether it was being a friend, daughter, sister, or mother. She has touched the lives of many in the way she made her witty comments about how she could pull something off way better than you. But when it came down to it, she actually was better than you."

The people had the little laugh you have when someone tries to make a joke at a funeral,

"I'll never forget meeting her for the first time and she came over, gave me a huge hug and then looked at me. She stood there for a moment staring at my shirt; it was Victoria Secret tank-top, and she goes 'you are so pretty, but I actually have the boobs to fill that shirt out... so you should give that to me.'" I smiled a little and looked at Hailey; she was laughing remembering it all too well.

"Mrs. Jones wasn't just a casual crack up down the street, she surprisingly had some wisdom through her many days. I sat down with her one night and she told me many things, some I didn't need to hear, but she told me anyways. The best thing she's ever told me that will stick to me forever and its only four words. Start unknown-finish unforgettable." Everyone nodded at the words,

"and to me I think she lived every day to that, she went away unforgettable, she made a mark on everyone here that will remember her forever. Whether it was her taking your shirt, or sitting with you having wine giving you advice, she was there. Emily was a phenomenal women, and I know she would not want us sitting here crying and morning about her death, she would want us celebrating her life, having a drink or two.... Or ten...." They laughed again, and a tear slowly fell down my cheek, I took a deep breath and finished

"but reminiscing on the good times, not the bad. Start unknown-finish unforgettable" I folded up the paper and walked over to Hailey, she stood and gave me a hug, I started crying with her and the crowd applauded.

I sat down with Hailey and her family during the rest of the service, afterwards we all walked out to the burial of her body. Taylor, Harry and Niall stayed back because they didn't feel comfortable enough, I traced arms with Hailey as we walked "you did a really good job Bridget, thank you" her father told me and then gave me a hug "It was something I've always wanted to say but it meet came out, so thank you again" I smiled at him and we turned around to have everyone put roses into the ground with her. The preacher said 'words of wisdom' as they lowered her into the ground. Hailey put her head into my shoulder as she bawled; I tried hard to keep myself together for her but I broke as I held her.

As we walked back to the lunch in I recomposed myself and Hailey did so herself. We stopped in the bathroom and reapplied our makeup trying to look as good as we could for her mom's sake. We walked into the cafeteria to find everyone getting food, along with her family members. I left Hailey to be at the family table and went to sit with Niall. I walked over and Taylor gave me a big hug and I just closed my eyes taking the embrace in.

"I'm proud of you." She stroked my hair, I pulled away smiling at her "thank you"

"wanna go get food?" Niall looked at me, I laughed a little and grabbed his hand; we went over to the table Niall put lots of food on his plate and then he made one for me, knowing I wouldn't make one for myself.